Vampire Wedding

Evening eventually fell and while sitting with Velma, Fred and Mr. Van Helsing, Jasmine found out if a vampire's married on the third night since his awakening then he'd gain limitless power. She also found out whoever offered him the bride would be awarded with immortality.

That exclaims why Bram and his friends used me. But the third moon...that's tonight! Her eyes darted to the approaching twilight outside a window, a familiar longing rising to her throat.

"Jasmine?" She looked away. "Yes Mr. Van Helsing?" "You've been awfully quiet these last few days, don't you have anything to say of Valdronya?" Fred and Velma froze, Jasmine hesitated.

"I do have one question; what are the qualifications of a vampire bride?" "Not many, she must be an immortal beauty pure of heart." Jasmine nodded. "I understand." Fred and Velma both smiled in sad, knowing ways, watching an innocent one slide to her lips.

~

Following the trio out into the swamp, Jasmine couldn't contain her fear at the sight of the vampire wedding. But she used that fear to propel herself to where Daphne stood, unconscious from the green mist. As she began working at the knots, the red head stirred and opened her eyes.

"Jasmine, you came to my wedding. Aw don't cry, you won't always be a bridesmaid." Fury flared up and without thinking Jasmine slapped her across the face, sobering up instantly.

"Two things; one, the mist is what's making me cry. Two; say that one more time and you'll be looking for a new set of teeth." Daphne nodded sharply, eyes wide and mouth gaping. As the knots came apart beneath Jasmine's fingers, Daphne pressed the wedding jewelry into her friend's grasp.

"I believe you." She said. "Your past, the love for Valdronya, I believe you and support you no matter what you choose." Jasmine smiled. "Thanks, now let's go unmask that undead groom." Grabbing hands they ran off towards the fight.

~

They entered the clearing just as Scooby & Shaggy found themselves cornered, how Jasmine wanted to cry out to her love, but knew it wasn't him and keep her lips sealed. Soon he was caught and everyone, except Velma, was shocked at who it really was.

"Vincent Van Helsing?!" As Velma explained everything, Jasmine's ears caught on to a different sound; a masculine voice humming a tune. Slowly she turned and spotted a pair of glowing green eyes looking out from the dark undergrowth. 'Tonight.' And for the first time in forever, she wasn't afraid, only nodded and watched him vanish back into the bayou.

Soon the cops came to carry off the crocks, as handcuffed Bram approached, Jasmine broke from her friends and hugged him 'round the waist. She stood there for a long moment before the officer took pity and removed the cuffs so Bram could hug her back.

"I love you like a sister, think I always have. Be careful." Her eyes grew teary. "I will, love you too." Reluctantly they parted, knowing this would be the last time they'd see one another. The cars drove off and the mystery gang was soon alone, cheering over their victory.

"You showed no fear, I'm proud of you Jasmine." Said Fred, patting her on the back. She looked to him with a soft smile.

"Thanks Fred, but there's still one last thing I need to do."