Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Oh please, Warrenam, you know you want me!" Draco taunted as I took my seat in Divination.

I rolled my eyes and smirked, "Quite full of ourselves, aren't we?" Ron and Harry glared from there seats next to me, "Besides," I sighed in mock annoyance "We all know that you're the one who wants me. Shame these precious years of your life will be wasted chasing after someone you'll never be good enough to have."

Draco glared, "In your dreams, Warrenam!"

"More like my nightmares." I retorted, causing Ron and Harry to give a defiant glare towards Draco before turning away.

The onlookers of the spat turned back to their own groups as well. Seeing as no one was watching, Draco sent a quick wink in my direction. I winked back before turning towards the tea cups in front of me.

This is how it is with me and Draco, now. Ever since our little...exchange, we've begun talking civilly towards one another. It's gotten to the point where we can actually tolerate each other's presence. That doesn't mean we don't keep up appearances, though. If the school found out that I, Prin Warrenam, one of Harry Potter's best friends, was becoming friendly with his enemy, Draco Malfoy, it would mean danger for the both of us. Besides, it's actually fun.

That's one thing I miss from my past. I was raised to be tough, cold, and merciless. Even in my early years I was shown that no demon in the Underworld had any right to challenge me. Whenever someone tried to patronize me or one up me, it always resulted in either a vanquish, or if my father needed them, it would mean complete embarrassment. I guess learning this at a very young age has made me pretty good at it since no one ever dared think of me as the child I truly was. No, my mouth added years. Many years.

"Look into your cups! See into the future!" Professor Trelawney snapped me out of my thoughts.

I picked up the tea cup in front of me and began trying to read the leaves. I had began learning this about three months ago when I found an entry on it in the Book of Shadows. I had never quite gotten the hang of it, still, it was a head start to what most of the class could do.

Ron picked up his quill and began writing down the images he saw in the cup, Harry soon following. I studied mine a moment longer before doing the same. I alternated between studying the tea leaves and writing for about ten minutes before I had gotten my list done.

The Infant- Innocence/New/Fragile, delicate

The Hourglass- Time/past, future, present

Brimstone- Destruction/Hell

The Book- Knowledge

Professor Trelawney walked over and read my list, "Are you sure about these readings, Miss. Warrenam?" she asked, I nodded. She squinted her eyes as she peered into the cup, sighing and saying pitifully "Well whatever is in your future is unfortunately not good."

"Tell me something I don't know." I murmured under my breath, too quiet for anyone to hear.

Trelawney moved on to the other tables, reading a vague description of their future as she went. I'll admit I wasn't really paying attention, that is, until I heard something I haven't heard in a while.

Trelawney was standing with Draco's cup in her hands, her eyes had gone wide and her voice held a raspy tone. It clearly was no longer her voice, but another. The seer's. The seer had been vanquished, courtesy of yours truly, when I left the Underworld. But although the seer is dead, the ancient magic within her will live on for eternity, perpetually giving magical aid to both good and evil.

"Beware..." Trelawney rasped, "Beware!" she had everyone's attention now.

"What's going on?" Ron asked, a mixture of worry and confusion.