Chapter 5

• Dedicated to Gabriel!

Chapter 5

I paced back and forth in front of the Gryffindor common room fireplace. It was a Saturday, finally, and I was contemplating a spot where I could safely work on a few potions without anyone walking in on me. The last thing I needed was another Pansy Parkinson to get on my case. My stomach burned at the thought of her. The little pug faced twit! My hands clenched and I felt them growing warmer, a crackle of electricity filled the air. I hadn't realized I was grumbling to myself until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I stopped pacing to look up at Harry. He placed his other hand on my corresponding shoulder, preventing me from pacing again. His green eyes looked down at me full of concern. "Prin, what's wrong?" he asked.

What's wrong? What do you think is wrong you prat-

I shook my head, jolting the thoughts from my mind and immediately feeling guilty. Harry did nothing wrong, he was simply concerned for me. It was a feeling I wasn't anywhere used to. "Sorry Harry," I said, "I've just got some things on my mind."

"Things like?" Harry asked suggestively, leading me to the couch.

I curled up in the cushions, Harry sitting across from me. I shook my head again, "It's complicated."

"Does it have anything to do with Malfoy?" he asked, hinting towards the other day.

I shrugged, "It's nothing..." I said, Harry looked at me disbelievingly.

"Well...what can I do to take your mind off whatever your not telling me?" Harry asked with a knowing smile.

I rolled my eyes, "Actually, you wouldn't happen to know a place where I could be completely alone, would you?"

Harry starred at me questionably for a moment before grabbing my hand and leading me towards the portrait of the fat lady.

"Harry what are you doing?" I asked, a hint of laughter weaved its way into my voice.

He had lead me all the way down from Gryffindor tower only to stop walking and start pacing in front of an empty wall. He smiled as he looked over to me, "You'll see." he said as he continued pacing.

He stopped just as a door began materializing from the wall. Harry held it open, "After you." he said, gesturing for me to step inside.

When I walked in I saw a large room with couches and tables resting by a fireplace. Bookshelves were built into the wall, filled with every kind of book imaginable. I heard the click of the door closing as I fingered through the books. There was everything from Shakespeare to text books. My attention turned to the fire which was emanating just the right amount of heat. I felt the couches, they felt like they were made from the best possible material. I spun around to see Harry standing off to the side, a smile on his face.

"What is this place?" I asked him.

"The Room of Requirement," he answered, "just concentrate on what you need, and the room will give it to you."

I smiled, this was too cool! I shut my eyes, concentrating on how I needed potions to get done. When I reopened my eyes, there was a large table in the center of the room. On top of it was cauldrons of every size, potion ingredients and vials were set out accordingly. Next to the table was a podium, perfect for holding the Book of Shadows.

"That..." I said, "Is so awesome!"

Harry laughed, "So I take it you find this useful then?" he asked.

I nodded furiously. No more Pansy's finding out any clues to my secrets! I have the feeling this room is going to be very occupied this year.

-0-0-0-Draco's POV-0-0-0-