Chapter One

"One French vanilla with one shot of espresso, iced, please. Thank you." I muttered sleepily, not sure if the girl behind the counter heard me clearly. My phone vibrated as soon as I placed my order, and after looking at the caller, I decided not to answer the call.

"Your name, please," the girl asked.

"Andrea," I simply replied before walking over to the waiting area.

Looking around, it appears like there aren't many people in the café now. My phone vibrates once more. I sighed and finally answered, murmuring, "What?"

"Good morning!" said the person on the other end of the line, causing me to move my phone inches away from my ear. I groaned in annoyance before hanging up with whoever was on the other end of the line, not wanting to be social so early in the morning.

When my phone started vibrating again as I was about to turn it off, someone caught my eye. Pamilyar na mga mukha. As they make their approach to the counter, I can't help but notice that some of the people inside the café are staring at them. They're hard to ignore because they're so tall and attractive. I smirked when I saw their shirts and recognized their names. Mikoto. Lennox. The heirs of their family.

The bell on the cafe's door chimes, making me look towards it and see a guy making his way to the counter. He has this aura that would make you hesitate to talk to him, which is normal in family; after all, he is a Riccardi. He's also tall, like the other two guys, although he towered over them a little. He also has a lean body, but you can tell he takes care of it. He has unkempt hair that is all over the place, as if he ran his hands through it repeatedly. He also has a scar that went from his brow to his upper cheeks when I looked at his face. He looked around. Napatigil ito sa paglalakad nang makita nang magtama ang mga mata namin.

I was about to look away since I had been staring at him for far too long when I locked eyes with him.

"Order for Andrea!" exclaimed the girl behind the desk, startling me.

When I noticed him smirking, my cheeks began to flush. Hindi ko na lamang ito tinignan muli nang madaanan ko ito para kunin ang binili ko na kape. I could feel someone's gaze on me as I walked out of the cafe. Well. hindi ko inasahan na makikita ko sila agad wala pa na isang oras nang makatapak ako sa school grounds.

"Where are you?" I heard Riley ask on the other line when I finally answered their call after leaving the café. "

On my way." I fixed my loose hair before drinking my coffee.

I looked around me when I noticed that there were more students walking. Simply observing. Well, it's your typical university. There are students sitting together with their laptops, those practicing dance routines, athletes training, and some walking to their classes. I was snapped back at my reality when I heard mumbled voices on the other line and was about to ask what was happening when a familiar voice shouted on the line.

"Where are you? You're already late!" Inilayo ko ang cellphone ko sa aking tainga sa lakas ng sigaw sa akin ng kausap.

"We told you to be here by 9:30 AM, and it's already 11:30!"

"Will you relax? And I'm not late; my class starts by noon. I'm not going to waste my time here waiting until my class starts, Evangeline."

"But we discussed that we would tour this place together, right? We talked about that last night!" Well, they did, but I did not agree. Akala ko sila lang. I guess, my bad?

"Be here by five minutes or else you'll get a punishment!" She ended the call before I could even reply to her. Crazy woman.

Liliko na sana ako papunta sa great hall nang maramdaman ko na may bumangga sa akin. My coffee splattered on my hand, but thankfully, I had a tight grip on it. Nilingon ko kung sino ito at napataas ang kilay nang makita ko ang galit nitong mukha.