Chapter Fourteen

Earlier. Austin’s POV

The guy looked worse than when we left the plane after landing in Italy. The cart of tools sat near the table; he was currently all chained up against the wall. As the doors closed behind me, Hunter and Marco looked up.

"Is he talking?" I asked as I walked over to the men.

"No, boss. He won't say anything."

I rolled my sleeves up and picked up a gloc. I walked up to him and cupped his chin. "Who sent you?"

"Fuck you!" Without hesitation, I pointed the gun at him and shot him in the knee. He threw his head back and let out a scream as blood pulsed from his wound. Kita mula sa mukha ng lalaki ang sakit na nararamdaman nito habang pinipilit ang sarili na makatayo ng maayos sa posisyon niya.

The man was found near Andrea's house. Hindi ko na sana ito papansinin noong una dahil nakatayo lamang ito sa harap ng kotse niya at nagsisigarilyo but the fact that his car was not familiar to me and a fucking gun was tucked on his waistband got my attention.

I watched him the whole night the other day. By dawn, he had suddenly opened his car's trunk, picked up a large black bag and made his way onto one of the trees in front of Andrea's house. My suspicion was confirmed when he opened the bag and picked up a gun with a silencer.

"Again, and this time I'm expecting you to answer me. Who the devil sent you to kill Andrea? To kill her?" To my utmost surprise, he started to laugh hysterically. I shot him in the right shoulder to shut him up. He staggered back as he cried out in pain.

"A-andrea? Who's Andrea? Is that her faux name?" Nakangising tanong nito ng makabawi ito sa sakit na nararamdaman.

"Don't you fuck with me."

"Sorry, mate. I'm not batting for the same team," he taunted, a mischievous glint filling his eyes.

I kept my face blank. Itinutok ko sa kanya ang baril na hawak ko at muling tinanong. "Now, I'm going to ask you one last time, who sent you?"

"They're coming for her." There were no taunts in the way he spoke. The honesty with which he spoke caused my hands to still pull the trigger.

"What do you mean? Who's coming for her?" Kunot-noo na tanong ko dito.

"They're coming to get her back. They're coming to get her to finish what started thirteen years ago and you cannot stop him."

I cocked my head to the side and gave him a sinister smile. "Andrea's mine. She's mine. Remember that, bastard."

I was about to pull the trigger when my phone went off, vibrating in my pocket. The caller's name was Alex. Frowning, I answered it. He beats me by talking first. "Austin, it's Andrea."

"What happened?" I gritted, knowing that something had happened to her.

"She, she's..." Hindi ko na hinintay pa na sagutin ako ni Alex at pinatay ang tawag.

I spun around and pointed the gun at him. Without a blink of an eye, I pulled the trigger. Two to the chest, one to the head. All shots were clean.

"Dispose him." Inilapag ko sa cart ang baril na hawak ko. "Get ready the plane. We're going back to the Philippines." Mabilis na utos ko sa dalawa at naglakad palabas ng kwarto.

"Boss, it's going to take fourteen hours to get back to the Philippines; you know that, right?" Marco said.

"Boss, all planes are on use right now," I heard Hunter say.