chapter forty six

"Yuta? Are you there?" Sicheng randomly called him whilst he was at work. He showed Taeil a hand and walked in the staff room to answer Sicheng.

"Yes, angel?" Yuta replied, knowing how much he liked the nickname.

"I just..." Sicheng's voice trailed off, and Yuta realised that he was crying.

"Bear? What's wrong?"

Sicheng sighed, trying to compose himself. "Y-You know Changbin, right?"

Yuta clenched his jaw at the mention of the name - Changbin, the boy who had harassed Yuta months before.

"Yes? What did he say, baby boy?"

Sicheng, who was still crying on the other end, took a deep breath before saying, "He keeps calling me ugly and fat a-and says I don't deserve you."

Yuta stood there, phone and hand as he was completely shaken and mortified. How dare Changbin say such a thing when he was the one dating someone, yet he dared to say stuff like this? Changbin was a real dick who deserve nothing but the worst, but he didn't deserve his boyfriend who had done nothing wrong but had managed to get himself into a relationship with Changbin of all people. "Where is he now?"

Sicheng wiped away more of his tears. "P-Please don't fight him." Sicheng's small, angelic voice called weakly, and Yuta's heart leapt as he wondered whether or not he should fight him or not anymore.

"Baby boy, where is he?"

All Yuta could hear from Sicheng's end was a bunch of sniffles.

"Angel? Where is Changbin? I promise I won't hurt him."

There was a pause from Sicheng before he said, "I-I don't know. He just punched me before he left."

And with that, Yuta had decided that he had had enough and he hung up, and told Taeil the basic details before rushing out of the shop and to their apartment, hoping that Sicheng was there.

Luckily, he was.

Sicheng, who was in a ball on the floor, looked up at Yuta when he heard the door opening. "Yuta? Why are you here?"

Ignoring Sicheng's question, Yuta went towards where Sicheng was and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend tightly.

"Sicheng, you're not ugly." He started off, "You're literally the prettiest person I know. You're so beautiful, I love you so, so much. Don't let anyone talk to you like that again. You're so beautiful, Sicheng, please believe me."

Sicheng couldn't even form words, he was still crying in Yuta's embrace. "T-Thank you..." He weakly whispered, hoping it would do the job before he fell asleep there, happily content just where he was.