Chapter Four : Fatal Attractions Pt. 2

YOU LED THE brothers to the Para's Café and inside. You quickly found an open window table and settled in comfortably.

You handed Zach and Gray each a menu before taking one for yourself. You chose the most appetizing meal you found and then sat back, waiting for both the waitress and your brother.

"So who called you?" Zach questioned as he placed down his menu.

"My big bro," you replied, "He's the one who wanted to go out and get lunch, actually."

"Who's your brother?" Gray asked.

"I am," the voice turned your attention to the man standing beside your chair, arms crossed.

"Jeez, Owen, are you trying to give me a heart attack??" You gasped dramatically, clutching your chest.

"Nah," Owen ruffled your hair before sitting beside you. "So which one is Zach and which one is Gray?"

"I'm Gray! And this is my big brother, Zach," Gray smiled politely.

"The name's Owen," he introduced himself with a smirk, "Pleasure to meet you both."

The waitress interrupted the conversation at that moment, approaching with a pad of paper and a pen.

"What can I get you sweethearts?" She questioned, blowing a bubble of pink gum and letting it pop.

You four ordered quickly with you getting your favorite food. Silence settled between you as the waitress left to retrieve your meals.

"Soo," you broke the silence finally, "What're we gon' do next? T-rex Kingdom? The Mosasaur Show?"

"T-rex! T-rex!" Cheered Gray enthusiastically.

"Okay, okay. Does the T-rex sound good to you, Zach?" You queried to the other boy.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Whatever is fine," he blinked, returning his attention to you. He had previously been staring at the ketchup bottle intently.

"'Kay," you nodded.

"Ahem, you never asked me if it was okay!" Owen frowned, pouting like a child.

"Dude, I do this, like, every day! You know that!" You slapped his arm playfully.

"Ow!" He joked dramatically. "That hurt!"

"You're such a baby," you shook your head with an eye-roll.

"Take that back."

"Make me."

Owen's face split into an evil grin, "Okay, I will." And then he began tickling you.

"NO!" You cried, pushing his arms away, "STOP IT OWEN!"

"Make me," he replied mockingly.

"Damnit, Zach, Gray, do something!" You laughed, trying to escape your big brother.

But, to your disbelief, Gray was cracking up while Zach was trying to suppress a grin.

Finally, Owen stopped his tickling assault and let you breathe. You took a moment to relax before glaring at the Mitchell brothers with pursed lips.

"Traitors."

The rest of the meal went by smoothly. The waitress delivered your food and comfortable conversation settled over your group. Eventually, Owen got up and paid the bill.

"It's time I get goin'. I'll see ya later, sis," he pulled you into a tight hug, "Stay safe. Stay away from most of the carnivores. Stay away from boys. Call me before you go to bed."