Unwavering Loyalty

Alright so I thought since most of you seem to be really excited for the sequel I'd give you this! That and it's kind of like a "I'm sorry I'm taking so long" gift!

Lol, anyways, I thought I'd give you a taste of Foxtrot and why he's so connected with you.

That and I just thought it'd be cool to have a chapter following him and his thoughts, ya know.

Alright, well I hope you guys enjoy!

Toodles!

- rogue

-------------------

An uneasy feeling settled on his shoulders, causing his movements to grow hesitant and cautious. Everything was right; the scent trail had led them there, right there, it was here, yet his honed eyes caught no movement whatsoever. This chilled him, as even the other creatures seemed absent.

Behind him, many human set up their things and bellowed in their strange language. To his right, the pack of females attempted to locate their prey.

He himself was starting to worry, and he turned to glance through the crowd of humans. He didn't find her, but he remembered she had handed away her title of Alpha to the male that led the females. If he remembered correctly, that male had been Y/n's brother, although he didn't understand what that term meant.

A footstep. A loud, crushing footstep. Followed by several more.

Foxtrot whipped his head around just in time to witness a large white creature appear seemingly out of thin air. Its red eyes bore into his hide as it studied them, then did the unthinkable; it spoke.

It barked and chirped, although in a gruffy and not-very-natural way, telling them that the humans were their enemies. That they needed to be exterminated, along with everything else it deemed unfit of life.

The female pack seemed to agree, under the command of the striped one -- Blue -- they turned in unison to stare down their new prey.

Foxtrot had never been on either side; dinosaur or human. The only side he had become accustomed to was his Alpha's. Whatever she did, he did. Wherever she went, he went. She had been the only sociable creature he came in contact with, and she had alwyas showed him kindness and loyalty, taught him what was good and what was bad when in the presence of humans.

And now? He still chose her.

The white beast turned to try to communicate with him, along with Charlie and Delta, but he didn't listen. Instead, he spun around and dashed into the forest.

He nimbly leapt logs and dodged low-habging branches, as well as avoided the recent scents of other dinosaurs. He was making good progress when he heard a challenging cry and the scarred Raptor, Echo, emerged from the foliage, claws outstretched and ready.

Foxtrot's throat vibrated with a deep, threatening growl as he paused his quest to face the female down. She was more experienced, but he was larger. His claws itched for bloodshed and he was growing tired of the female pack.

Echo must have been thinking similar thoughts, for she sank into a defensive crough with a drawn-out hiss. With that, the brawl began.

The orange Velociraptor lunged forward, darting to her side. His claws broke her skin, raking down the side of her neck and shoulder, leaving red gouges. But pain erupted from his tail as her jaws locked, sharp teeth sinking into his flesh. His nostrils flared and he snapped around to deliver a nasty bite of his own when she unlatched herself and sprinted into the cover of the dense jungle foliage.

He shrieked after her with a burning fury, but realization struck him as he began moving in the direction she'd gone. He'd been heading for his Alpha, and now Echo was going the same way.

Anger, fear, and a fierce protectiveness fired up in him, giving him adrenaline as he trailed her. But she had gotten the head start.

With every moment that passed, his heartbeat accelerated. Y/n could be in danger! A loud growling sounded up ahead and he broke through the treeline and onto the cleared pathway the humans used.

One of the moving boxes the humans rode in was lumbering down the path, Echo had just dragged out Y/n by her leg and was taking her precious time in attacking. The young human males from the box were yelling until they saw him. They seemed to understand what was happening when Foxtrot released a loud, defiant roar as he barreled into her side.

His momentum threw her away, but she stood back up as he bared his large teeth. She began to move in a slow circle around them, Foxtrot following her every move. It lasted only moments, though, before a thunderous roar echoed through the jungle.

Echo raised her head while Foxtrot merely glanced in the direction. For a moment, neither moved, but then Echo gave a deep growl and bolted off. In the distance, he could see another of the pack -- Delta, he believed -- disappear into the jungle as well.

Foxtrot waited several moments just to make sure there was no immediate danger before turning to her. He stayed there patiently as she tried to stand, only to fall again. Blood seeped from a wound on her ankle, which only made him angrier.

A second roar scared birds away.

Foxtrot was becoming anxious now, knowing that the creature could disappear and reappear. It could dive out of the treeline at any moment now.

With reluctance and hesitation, the orange male crouched down to assist his Alpha. He had never done this type of thing before, but he was semi-willing to try, especially when it meant life or death.

Hesitantly, she began pulling herself up onto his back. Her warm skin on his cool scales felt strange, but he dismissed it.

A third roar.

Finally, she was seated comfortably on his back. Foxtrot wasted no time in rising and hurrying into the jungle. He was with his Alpha once more. With her in command, he felt invincible.