Minewt-Part 1

Newt's POV

Annoyed, I shovel out what must be the five thousandth weed today, and groan. The plants have been growing bloody crazy the past few days, but so have all the unnecessary weeds with them.

I lift my head up to toss the weed away and I am about to continue on with the buggin' process, until my eyes fall across Minho, the Asian boy. His masculine arms, his wide, proud stance, his alluring eyes, and his perfectly cropped hair, are all very noticeable as he jogs out of the maze with a light sweat. I chuckle to myself. Even after a long day in the maze, Minho still manages to look perfect.

I completely forget about the stupid weeds. Now, all I can think about is Minho.

Minho's POV

I run my fingers through my hair and slow down from a steady jog, to walking speed. I ran fast today so I've managed to make it back to the glade early. I have a very rare gap of time, that I can now do whatever I want with.

I start off to go to the map room, until I catch Newt staring at me from the garden. His face turns beet red when he realizes I caught him looking. In embarrassment, he tries to continue working on the garden, but he can't help but sneak looks up at me from the corner of his eye. God, he's so adorable. I smirk at the british boy, praying that my hair looks good.

Newt and I have been best friends for as long as we can remember, but lately, things have been different. Our relationship seems to have changed in some sort of way.

We are more nervous around each other than we used to be. We laugh a little too much at the others jokes. We notice when we are in the same room as each other. We find ourselves staring at each other. We exchange sneaky looks at each other that I don't ever give to the other gladers.

So I don't know what, but clearly something has changed between us.

I've started to notice how annoyingly cute Newt is when he laughs. Honestly, (though sometimes I may be a little too cocky to admit it,) I've started to notice how cute he is when he's doing just about anything.

Anyways, over the last confusing couple of weeks, I've come to realize that I feel much more than just friendliness for this strikingly adorable boy.

And I think he feels it too.