Minewt-Part 2

Newt's POV.

Minho changes direction from the map room, to the garden and me. I wipe dirt off my hands anxiously and adjust the sleeves to my baggy shirt, attempting to look decent before he reaches me. Finally, I can't hold in my enlightenment any longer. "Hey, Minho. How are you?" I say, getting ready to stand up, so I can meet his warm, brown eyes.

"Just as handsome as always," Minho says casually. He has reached me and the garden now. "Need a hand? Here let me help," Minho holds his hand out offering to help me get up, and gives me a look of sympathy.

My leg hasn't been feeling all that good lately and Minho's the only one I've told about it. I wasn't going to tell anyone, but Minho knew something was up a couple days ago, so I was kind of forced to tell him.

"No, I'm fine, thanks Minho."

"No you're not shuck face. I swear, you're lucky I haven't turned you in to the shuckin med-jacks!" Minho says concerned.

"Really Minho, I'm fine," I say lightly, but stubbornly. I have to be independent. Yes, I would love to have Minho's help, but I have to prove to him that I can do things by myself. I mean, if I can't even stand up, then how am I expected to be second in command and run this bloody place? I have to prove that there is no need to call any more attention to my leg than there already is.

I put my good leg in front of me to push off of, and then stand up slowly as I keep weight off my bad one. Then, I place my bad leg on the ground a little too rough and the moment I do, I realize something goes wrong. I loose my balance and stumble falling to the ground. My ankle crashes against the ground painfully and I feel muscles twist unwillingly inside it. Everything around me blurs into warped confusion. My body is about to hit the ground too, but instead, I feel two firm arms that quickly reach under me, and hold me up under my armpits, breaking the worst part of the fall. "Newt, you alright?"

A little dizzy, I look behind my shoulder and find Minho's face next to mine as he holds me up. We are closer than we've ever been before. I try to smile through the sudden jabbing pain in my ankle, glad to have Minho so close to me. Everything around me is getting fuzzier by the second. I'm starting to loose sense of reality. I wrap my arm around Minho's neck, worried I might collapse.

We both know that I have to be taken to the med-jacks, whether I like it or not. "C'mon Newt. Let's get you going here." Minho holds me up the best he can to walk with me. I can sense his worry so I try my best to walk normally. But I can't do it. Every time I put weight on my leg, my vision goes black and I stumble to the ground. "Screw this." Minho says. "Looks like I'm carrying you then, Newt."

Minho slides one arm under my legs and the other behind my back. "Minho..."

"Shhhhh! Shut up shuck face before you waste all of your energy!" Minho says with worriment.

Before I realize it, in my delusional stage, words swim out of my mouth as I'm comically carried away like a baby. "What would I do without Super Minho to the rescue?"

Then, Everything goes black.