Minewt-Part 3

Minho's POV

Newt's body falls limp in my arms as he sinks into unconsciousness. A giant wave of worry surges through me, and piles on top of all the other feelings that were already surfacing. No, no, no! He can't be unconscious! This can't be happening! Not Newt! I look down to find his lips quivering as if he's trying to tell me something, leaving a sign that maybe part of him is still awake.

Immediately, I run for help as fast as one can, while carrying a teenage body in their arms. I stare at Newt and my forehead creases in concern. "Newt? Can you hear me?" There is only silence. I raise my voice, growing unsteady. "Newt?" I repeat his name over and over, trying anything that will possibly wake him up. I swallow tears down forcefully. I have to stay strong. If not for me, for Newt.

I knew Newt's leg had been acting up lately, but I didn't realize how fragile he was. How bad is he hurt? A twisted ankle shouldn't make someone pass out like this. Will he be okay?

Images of the day he jumped off the maze's walls flash through my head. In my memory, that day is a quick flash. I don't remember much. I just remember the shock I felt when I saw him lying on the ground. I remember the worry. I remember the urgent med jacks rushing to save him. I remember the chaos spreading quicker than I ever thought possible. I remember the panic.

But most importantly, I remember the never ending supply of dark, crimson blood that wouldn't stop spilling, flowing out from his leg, and onto the ground unceasingly, into giant puddles of blood. The fact that it was Newt's blood makes me sick.

Newt never deserved what he got. He never deserved any of the pain he feels and felt. His blood never should've been spilt. His tears never should've fallen. His innocence destroyed by WICKED, never should've been taken. This boy never deserved a single ounce of pain, yet he took his share, and everyone else's, for them.

"Minho? What happened?" Frypan asks, raising an eyebrow suspiciously, as he sees Newt cradled in my arms.
"Just get me a shucking med-jack!" I pant angrily.

——————————————————————
Thanks to me, after finally getting the correct medical attention, Newt was carried away and taken into hostility.

"What do you mean, I can't see him?" I ask with frustration.
"We mean, until he wakes up, it's best he doesn't have visitors disturbing him."
"Well that's bullshit!"
"Minho, I'm just following the orders that were given to me."
"I'm not just a visitor! I'm his best friend!"
"Like I said, I just follow the orders and do what I'm told."
"Well screw the orders, I'm seeing him."
I shove around the oblivious med-Jack and open the door to Newt's room.