Chapter 2 | Great-Grandfather

'You've got to be kidding me, Why me!', I deadpaned, internally screaming in despair. Because right in front of me was my great-grandfather. At first he just stared into my eyes, it felt like he was looking at my soul. Staring quietly back at him with a cute determined face, he blinked. "Ah hah! I win! I win! You blinked! I win!", I chanted childishly giving him a goofy smile. His great grandfather's mouth started to twitch upwards indicating his amusement. "Daddy, Grandma did you see that! Blacks always win", I told my father nodding my head proudly. My father just chucked and ran a hand through my silky long black locks. Looking up at my father's identical eyes to mine, I gave my father a kiss before wiggling to be let down. Once I was set down I ran up to my grandfather and held my arms out demanding to be held.

Arcturus watched his cute great grandson with an affectionate look. Not all Blacks are emotionless bastards. They show their true personality to their closest friends and family only. Chuckling at his great grandsons demand he picked up the three year old and rocked him to sleep singing an old Irish lullaby his mother used to sing to him when he was a little babe.

_________

Over in Killarney, many years ago
My mother sang a song to me
in tones so sweet and low
Just a simple little ditty
in her good old Irish way
And I'd give the world if she could sing
that song to me this day

Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li,
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, hush now, don't you cry!
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li,
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, that's an Irish lullaby.

Oft in dreams I wander
to that cot again.
I feel her arms a-hugging me
As when she held me then.
And I hear her voice a-hummin'
to me as in the days of yore,
when she used to rock me fast asleep
outside the cabin door.

Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li,
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, hush now, don't you cry!
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li,
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, that's an Irish lullaby.

____

Soon his great grandson fell asleep peacefully. Smiling softly Sirius watched his Grandfather fall for his son Aries' charm. 'Only Blacks can charm other Blacks...  Oh wait eww never mind', he thought trying to bleach his former thoughts.

Unknown to them, the little boy laying in his great grandfather's lap would forever change the Black family forever.