Chapter 9 | Hogwarts Letter

I was so excited because today was my eleventh birthday meaning my Hogwarts acceptance letter was coming. While I may have hated some students and the headmaster, it didn't mean I didn't love Hogwarts in general. Besides Damien was going to be in my year just like Fred and George!

Sitting at the dinning table I ate my French toast and waited for my letter to arrive. My dad was sitting next to me just as excited while reading the Daily Prophet. "Grandfather", I heard my dad say.

Looking at him along with my grandfather Artie, he took the newspaper from my father and read it out loud. Curious I got up from my chair and carefully sat on my grandfather's lap reading along. 'Oh wow...', was all I thought reading it.

Daily Profit

Good morning England! Today I have exciting news to share with everyone today. The Black Heir is starting school at Hogwarts next September, but since the spat with the Headmaster Dumbledore. Many have been speculating that he would attend school elsewhere...
.....

Rolling my eyes at the news I didn't even bother to read it, it was full of bullshit anyways. Sliding off my grandfather's lap I sat down in my seat as a few owls swept into the room. Two went to me, while one went to my father and Grandfather Artie.

Excited I read the title and saw that one was from Hogwarts and the other was from Damien. Ripping my Hogwarts letter I eagerly read it as everyone watched in amusement.

____________

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr. Black,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely, Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmistress

_______________

Then I read the requirements and noticed that I already had read most of the books already and that they're the same from before.

___________

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

1.Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2.One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3.One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4.One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales

Students may also bring and owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS
________

"Brilliant.. ", I gasped out in wonder much to my family's amusement. "Aries-", my father said gaining my attention. "How about we go to Diagon Alley later", he finished with a knowing smile. "Really?! For real! Yes! Can grandfather come too?!", I pleaded giving them my irresistible puppy dog eyes. They nodded in approval, smiling I ran up to them and gave them hugs, before running to my room to get ready.

To tell you the truth my grandfather was getting really old and it worried me that he was going to die soon, so I wanted to make many happy memories with him before he does so.

Looking at myself in my body length mirror. I studied my image, starting with my face I looked remarkably like my father with my aristocrat features and my stromy gray eyes that were nearly identical with my dad's. Dressed in my dark blue cloak I was ready to go. Checking myself out one last time, I left ready for my next chapter in life.