Branching Love ~ Chapter Three

Sorry, it's so short!

Keith stares at Lance as he pulls the dog tags from under his shirt while a soft smile on the other's face. How did he ever fall for him? It makes no sense, they literally almost always fight and Lance is constantly trying to one-up Keith. Not to mention he's used his mind control on him several times. For mutants, it ain't a pleasant experience if you're not told to forget.

When a mutant is being mind control, they know what's going on. They see how they can't control their own body, like a ghost waiting to be able to enter its host or someone waiting to go back to their own body. It's definitely one of those out of body experiences people claim to have. The mutant would start to feel powerless, since mental manipulation is one of the most powerful powers, it makes sense.

The Korean takes a deep breath, fiddling with his hands before turning to everyone and speaking up.

"Hey, I'm gonna go back to my room— unless we need to train?" he asks, mentally crossing his fingers that they can have a free day.

"Well, I was going to ask for you to help Lance with his sword, but alright," Shiro sighs.

He deflates. Lance's Bayard can now not only turn into an assault rifle and a sniper rifle, he's got a broadsword, and with Keith being the only other member with a sword, it makes sense for him to teach the other.

"Fine. I will," Keith snaps, "sorry, I-I didn't mean to snap."

"It's alright, Lance— well I guess that's a no then. You can try and learn from those three, you're still a child, you can still have fun," Shiro smiles watching the three laugh and run around the yard.

Keith laughs. Not a funny laugh, yet not a self-deprecating one, somewhere in between. "Yeah, no thanks Shiro, I don't think I really need this right now."

"Okay you do what you want," Shiro sighs.

Keith smiles weakly, walking into the private apartment, and into his room.

He's mad. Sad. Jealous. Pissed. At the moment, Keith Kogane, is a lot of things. Lance is almost always talking about being in Keith's shadow? What type of shadow shines brighter than the one who makes it? What underdog can't understand he's probably at the same level, or higher than his supposed 'upper dog'

Lance, a level nine point seven, even with his low, 4.8 mastery; he's extremely powerful. Every time Keith moved up a level at the school — beginner, trainee, low class, middle class, high class and top class — a few weeks later Lance joined. He was moving so much faster than Keith.

It legitimately didn't bother him, Keith was proud of where he was. What bothered him, was Lance blaming all his issues on him. Anything that wasn't due to family issues was Keith's fault — in actuality, Keith was just doing what he was good at. He was not the one at fault, no matter how much Lance insisted that it was.

He wasn't a leader like Lance, far from it, but Keith was a soldier. A good one. He may run into danger, be impulsive, hotheaded, and more instinct drove, but he always could hold his own and fix what he did wrong — with help from time to time.

Haha, but oh no! Lance has this natural ability to be a leader without using his powers! He has so many great quirks that makes him unique, but he wants to be just like Keith. It honestly angers Keith, how can this amazing boy not see how incredibly talented he is? Why does he want to be like Keith? What's so amazing about him?

The Korean lets out a groan, slamming his head into his pillow. His head ranting about Lance made him start to blush a deep red.

"Keith?" his father walks in, immediately noticing the flustered boy, laughing at his son. "내 아들이 어떤 귀여운 소년에 호감을가지고 있습니까?" (Does my son have crush on some cute boy?) he smiles. Ever since Keith came out to his father, the only thing that had changed was he would talk about boys and not girls when it came to Keith's love life. That was the only change and Keith highly appreciated it.