The Switch~ Chapter Four

Hunk stands with liquid metal flowing in between his hand. He's been doing this drill since they got in here.

   "Again."

   "Sir, I've done this like, a dozen times already. I can't, I just—"

   "Use the liquid metal, incase the dummy's leg or arm and turn it to spikes or knives. It's not that difficult, you've done it before, several times."

   Hunk grits his teeth, turning the metal back to a solid, bending it to fit back on its rightful place on his uniform. "I don't want to do it. I don't want to kill."

   "Garret, there is no other choice. Your power—"

   "Is so rare for it to be such a high potential level. Why do we even go off of that? In reality it shouldn't have to work like that. We should go to someone for more too..." he pauses, looking down.

   "Garrett. Do not waste your gift."

   "My gift of what?! Being a level 9.5 with an ability that highest level records up to a 6.7 before I was born? Hmm?! What about Pidge? She's an 8.4, the highest record of her abilities is a 4.4!"

   Yellow seems to be annoyed, as he should be. "And we took in McClain and Kogane who were born to be on the opposite side of this war," his voice has lost every bit of reassurance and kindness it once withheld. "Life won't be fair. It won't ever be fair. Radiation either gave you a mutated gene and/or an radiation immunity gene. There were some that were killed,

   "Yet, people try to kill you. Unlike you, some people have to lie to their parents their whole life to get them here."

   Hunk groans. "Okay, so? We're the most powerful mutants you've seen in a while but you've seen to forgotten one thing."

   "Which is?"

   "We are children."

   "And I'm a celestial being. What's your point?"

   The Yellow Apprentice shifts his stance. "I'm not a baby. I'm just a softie. Two totally different things, Yellow," he says, annoyed yet still respectfully. "Never mind. We can talk about this later."

   Again and again, Hunk runs through the simulation. Too fast, not far enough, too far, not enough force, not enough metal to make points, every part had something wrong to it. He holds his hands to do it again, and he does. It's correct this time, yet Yellow only nods!

   Hunk grimaces looking down at his hands. The alarm goes off. Lance, Pidge, and Keith file into the training room.

   "McClain?"

   "Tall, skinny guy, who doesn't want to fight unless provoked; tall, skinny-muscular girl who is just following the first; gigantic, buff girl who only wants a fight; and a tall skinny girl who doesn't want to be here, see seems to be very, jumpy."

   "Location?"

   "On the roof, sir."

   Hunk looks at his feet. They must of followed them. "Well, let's just suit up then—"

   "He's a mental manipulator, but he's different. I can't tell how. Once girl has super agility with speed, another has super strength and one with— oh my god, I can't tell?"

   "Axca. She's got weapon mastery. Unable to be read by others. No weapons guys. She can use it against you without even touching it."

   The Samoan fidgets with his hands. "Let's get suited up—"

   "They're already here."

   "What?"

   "Look what we have here! Fallacy, Blaze, Scrap, Yellow and King," the tallest one laughs. "Let me crush them Lotor."