Chapter 2- Escape and Anarchists

The cuffs were already disabled, so all she had to do was put the plan into action.

She started small, making sure she could get everyone from this distance. She couldn't fight the smile creeping out as she started to curl loose vines around the feet of the people in the back. The vines would tighten on command after she made her escape.

"Bye Cap." she said as she ran off the side off the float and called up her invisibility. Before they could react, a dart hit the side of the Captains face. She heard fighting on the buildings overhead but ignored it.

She sprinted through the panicked crowd. She caught a glimpse at a Harley Quinn hot air balloon soaring over head. "Puppeteer?" she said in confusion as a man ,with golden strings flowing out of his fingers and around the necks of unsuspecting children to do his bidding, was laughing hysterically. "Yes!" she cheered as she made her way to the lesser part of the crowds, towards the old subway, said to be the current lair of the Anarchists.

                                                                                   . . .

The chaos of the crowds was well behind her as she worked her way through the alleys and streets. The thought of being with the anarchists again was surreal.

Soon she found her way to the old abandoned subway tunnels. She let go of her invisibility and starting making her way down into the damp tunnels.

She soon saw lights up ahead and steadied her pace. "Who's There?" Someone called. She rounded the corner and saw everyone gathering as if they were expecting Renegades. "Miss me?" she said walking into the light. "Who are you?" Ingrid said sternly, but Phoenix could hear the venom in her voice. "Seriously, it's just me." she said putting her hands in the air as if to surrender. "Ten years in a Renegade cell, and my own people don't recognize me. What's with that?"She comments. Leroy says again "Who are you?". Phoenix replied plainly " Ugh! I'm Phoenix Artino you big butts!".

Honey's face was the first to light up. "Darling, You're back!" Honey ran and nearly knocked Phoenix over. "Yep. I'm back." she choked out through the Hug from Honey.

"Wow. I thought you were done for." Ingrid says as she peels Honey off of Phoenix. "Is Nova here?" She asks as she realizes vines are creeping up her legs. "Darn-it! I forgot I did that. Like, seriously, I haven't been in a good enough mood to make plants grow subconsciously since I was captured." She admits, shaking the vines of of her legs. "Speaking of Sub-conscience, where's Cally? And with that fact, where's everybody else?" Phoenix asks.

Leroy shrugged "They scattered after the Battle for Gatlon. It's a shame, we could have really used the numbers". Phoenix considered this for a moment, but, ultimately, she knew she had to bring everyone back together. "Well then, I have some work to do.