Prologue

The battle raged on around her. People she saw as family dying everywhere she turned. The mother that many knew as Riptide lay dead at the cathedral entrance. The waves of pure terror, sorrow, and shock made it hard for her to think. Spirals of life-draining black grew across the ground. Renegades falling to the ground in agony as the power of the girl made it's way up their bodies.

The girl's bloodshot eyes locked onto the cathedral doors.

Her friends.

They could help! They could turn the tides of the battle.

Determination locked into the child's eyes. She continued to send surges of her powers at the renegades, the affected victims falling dead in an instant.

She was going to save her family.

The girl rose off the ground, adrenaline rushing through her veins. She sprinted to the doors, her legs carrying her as fast as they could. She stumbled on the withering bodies of Renegades and Anarchists alike. They would all pay. As she reached the entrance, she shoved open the marble doors.

"Come on, guys! We can save us!"

The jittery girls looked up at their generations leader. They grew a murderous smile and rose from their sitting positions. Sky and Kylina grabbed their weapons, two crystalline daggers, and a metal staff. Steel blades emerged from Kate's wrists, glinting dangerously in the candlelight.

The young girls gave a final glance at the bloodthirsty leader of their then ran out in the war zone.

The surviving Renegades were not expecting a bunch of children to run into the field. In the state of shock, the girls were easily able to do their purpose. Kate went on a murder spree. Kylina and Sky used peoples weaknesses against them. The battle was going in their favor! They could win!

Phoenix's eyes laid on a small battle on the cathedral. Ace against Captain Chromium with a... was that a baby? Without a second thought, she bolted to her father's aid. Plants formed under her feet like footholds as she climbed up the building.

Maybe if she was a little bit quicker, arrived a little bit sooner, it wouldn't have happened. But just as she got to the top of the cathedral, she witnessed the horrific scene. Her father, powerless, giving himself to the fire instead of surrendering.

She lost control.

Her eyes faded black. A bloodcurdling scream tore through the god-forsaken city. All attention was directed to the enraged girl. She fell on her knees, tendrils of black swirling out from under her. The Captain looked at her with shock at the display of power.

The girls knew what was happening and ran far from the scene. Nearly everyone fell dead.

The daughter of Ace rose off the unsanded marble into the ashy air. In a final burst of power, everyone in a hundred foot radius fell to the ground, dead. In an instant, everything stopped.

Phoenix laid on the roof of the cathedral, unmoving. A large purple bruise was forming on the side of her head. Captain Chromium looked down at the small girl in front of him, her tear stained face holding an expression of emotional agony.

He picked up the frail child, careful not to hurt her anymore. Her body was cold and pale. The battle was won. But the casualties on both sides showed the gruesome truth about the events that took place. Unholy war.

And just like that,

The anarchists were defeated,

And all possible resurrection of the previously allmighty cult,

Lay in the with the redemption of,

The Heir to Anarchy