34

Jungkook's POV

"Chaeyoung!" I screamed for her name only to be stopped by a confused girl who was clinging to me like glue.

My blood boiled at the sight of her, my eyes changing its colors and in an instant, I released her arms around me, pushing her a little.

"Jungkook!" I heard Hobi hyung reprimanded but I was so confused about what's happening, I didn't realize that I must have hurt the girl.

A long sigh escaped my lips before looking at her straight in the eyes.

From what I can see, she seemed like an acquaintance of both my noona and Chaeyoung.

"I'm sorry, I legit have no idea who the fuck you are but please, don't ever touch me again," I can't help but scowl at the poor girl but my voice was enveloped with both sarcasm and frustration.

I was staring at her coldly and I was sure the air surrounding both of use froze at the intensity of my glaze. "I don't like anybody touching me like that without my permission," I told her and she backed away a little, the moist in her eyes tells me she was taken aback.

Or was it fear I saw?

"Jungkook..." Jisoo noona called for my name and I noticed how everyone was looking at both of us dumbfounded.

My hands balled into a fist and I made a step away from them but I felt her grab me by the hand.

"You don't know me?" she asked confused and somehow, I felt pity towards the girl as I stare at her sad expression. Little by little, it seems like she was realizing that she was deceived.

I removed her hand from mine and shook my head, trying to act cool. The way I see it, she was mistaking me for someone else.

There seemed to be a misunderstanding.

"Then am I communicating with a ghost for half a year?" she said dejectedly. Her voice came out as a whisper but I heard everything,  even the way her voice cracked in the middle.

I wasn't sure if she was joking but right now, I am not the best person to help her. However, I noticed how among the guys, Hoseok hyung seemed to be acting the most suspicious.

By this time, Jennie and Yoongi hyung were already awake and Jin hyung was hugging my noona.

Taehyung hyung had that confused expression on his face as well as Jimin hyung. Even Namjoon hyung had that bewildered expression on his face.

"I'm sorry I know you look really confused but I can't answer your questions right now because I need to find Chaeyoung," I told her, giving her an awkward smile before bowing. Hearing her words made me feel at ease in her presence. Suddenly, I felt bad for pushing her earlier and acting harshly towards her.

I noticed her eyes, they were big but I have this feeling that they'd look beautiful if she smiles.

This time,  I gently grab her shoulders, a smile emerging on my face.

"Look, I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't intend to push you or shout at you but I'm sure my noona would be able to help you clear things out. See you later," I told her before tapping her shoulders.

Without even bothering to bid goodbye to the others, quickly run towards the door to wear my shoes.

I actually just got home from meeting my 97' liner friends.

"Yah, Jungkook! You're not wearing any mask!" Jin hyung shouted but I no longer care.

Shit.

Chaeyoung must have gone far already.

Now I regret staying for a little longer. I should have taken a run the moment she went out.

"Yah, Jisoo,  talk to your brother. He'll gonna cause an uproar outside once fans see him," I heard Jin hyung explained to my sister in which she replied with the usual sassiness that I never knew she had.

"You did the same to me,  remember?  And not only that, you've included your fans when you were searching for me at the airport," she replied and I smiled while trying the knot of my shoelace.

"Lisa..." I heard Hoseok hyung called for the girl but I already went and run outside.

The moment my eyes caught Chaeyoung's form earlier, my whole world seemed to stop.

My heart was beating so fast I wasn't sure if I was still breathing properly.

Her aura changed...

It was lighter like she was a lot more okay than the last time I saw her.

She was still as beautiful as my eyes can remember, or perhaps, more beautiful than before. But for me, my heart flutters the same.

Four months...

Those four months are the most painful days of my life. Not seeing her beautiful face, not hearing her voice, not feeling her touch...everything.

Seeing her makes everything surreal.

How was I able to last for that long?

When we agreed not to talk with each other for a month, I almost snapped.

For weeks, I spent all of my free time practicing so I won't grab my phone and call her.

Is she thinking about me?

Is she eating well?

Moreover, I hope she wasn't lonely or crying.

Every day, I was counting every minute until one month finally passes. The moment it did, I grab my phone to call her only to be greeted by an operator informing me that the number is no longer available.

I got scared.

Did she change her mind?

Did her feelings change?

I was dying to know but at the same time, I'm afraid to find out that she no longer feels the same.

I busied myself with practice. I spend my free time going out with my other friends. I did everything to get her off my mind.

But I wasn't successful.

Every night, she slips into my mind and even in my dreams.

I know I wasn't okay, I'd wake up in the middle of the night, tears streaming down my cheeks. And it's breaking me.

I missed her.

And just when I was starting to get back on my feet, there she goes, as beautiful as I remember, standing a few feet away from me.

The moment our eyes locked, I knew what her answer was.

She's back.

She came back to me.

But everything went downhill when the girl named Lisa suddenly jumped over me. I was too shocked to even react immediately and I wanted to smack myself for being careless.

"Chaeyoung, where are you?" I asked myself.

By this time, I was already in the lobby, running while checking if she's among the crowd.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw one of our managers spitting down his coffee the moment he saw me running outside but I don't care.

I need to see my baby.

Fuck Chaeyoung, I miss you.

I'm coming babe, wait for me.