Chapter 18

Virgil's POV

It was late, and I was thinking too much. I'd already painted—or tried to—but nothing flowed. I got up to stretch my legs. I got up to stretch my legs. I ran a hand through my hair and stepped into the hallway, my fingers glancing along the wall as I walked. When I entered the living room, I froze.

No way. No fucking way. I was stuck, staring in front of me in complete shock.

Patton was... with...

Logan?

They kissed, Logan leaning Patton against the arm of the couch. The logical trait pulled away and smiled.

Patton smiled back before his eyes drifted to the side, meeting my own. His breathing hitched. "Virge."

I snapped out of my trance and shook my head. "It's none of my business," I declared, heading back to my room. However, I stopped short, my curiosity getting the better of me. "How long has this been going on?" I asked, moving back towards them again.

Patton glanced at Logan. "Three months." He looked worried, like I'd be mad at him for being in a happy relationship.

Sure, I didn't understand it, but I doubted either of them would understand my attraction to Roman, either. I allowed myself to smile slightly. "I'm happy for you two." My smile dropped; I realized quickly, though maybe not quick enough, that I was keeping the same secret.

"Patt, about that thing the other day..."

His eyes lit up.

I looked at Logan, seeing only confusion, which was a strange expression on the logical Side's face. By now, he'd stepped away from Patton, a light pink dusting his cheeks. "There's something I need to tell you. Patt knows, and I asked him to keep it a secret. Now that I know about the relationship between the two of you, I'm a little less worried about it." I took a deep breath.

From behind me came a voice. "Hey, Virge."

I jumped, whirling at the sound and managing to trip over my own feet. My breathing was ragged and tears were already pricking my eyes. I stared up at Roman in terror.

He cursed. Kneeling in front of me, he put his hand on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry. Try to take deep breaths for me, okay?" He looked scared, too.

I forced a smile. It was easier to prevent a panic attack than to calm down from one, at least in my case. "You apologize too much," I half-heartedly laughed. Even so, my heart was still in my throat as I thought about telling Logan about Roman and me. So, before Princey could stand up, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss.

It took him a second, but he managed to break away. He looked over my shoulder, something I was too afraid to do.

"So," Logan began, "you two are—"

I interrupted, "And, Logan and Patton are also..."

It took him less than a second to start laughing. He stood, pulling me up with him. "How'd you manage that, Patton?"

The father-figure just giggled. "I can be very persuasive." With that, he leaned over and kissed Logan's cheek.

Logan seemed to barely register the act of affection. He looked at his partner with a blank expression. I could see in his eyes, though, something none of the rest of us brought out in him. "It's late, sweetheart. It would be best if we made our way to bed now."

The two said goodnight to us and headed towards Patton's room.

Once they were gone, I turned to Roman.

He grabbed my hips, pulling me into a deep kiss.

I smiled. "Princey," I whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Can we go to bed, too?"

"I thought you'd never ask."

I took his hand, leading him toward my bedroom. He sat on my bed. Not wanting to sleep in jeans, I opened my closet and changed them out quickly for a pair of sweatpants. When I turned back around, Roman's cheeks were dusted pink, making me smile a little to myself. I stepped up to him, putting my hands on his shoulders as his rested on my hips. I pecked his lips and walked over to the other side of the bed, laying down with my back to him.

The light turned off, and the bed shifted next to me. Roman's warm chest pressed against my back. I smiled as he kissed the back of my neck. "I love you," he whispered.

"I love you, too."