Chapter 1: Moving to Takamisou

My name is Hirito Amaya. I'm in my second year at Sumey High School. Before I entered highschool , I was a well known delinquent in my old school who always got into fights almost everyday. But after I joined Sumey High School I decided to put away my delinquent ways and start over as a normal and well behaved high school student and tried to live a normal student life. Little did I know that things we're not gonna go my way.

"I'm telling you Takashi, if I don't dig up some cash and fast, I don't know what I'll do." Says Hirito.
"Well man, I have an idea. I'm not sure if you're going to like it but...."says Takashi.
"Oh, no! Don't say another word. I'm not moving to Takamisou."
"But you don't have a choice. If you don't move, you'll get kicked out soon enough, with nowhere to go. Won't you at least consider it?"
"Not a chance. I'll beg the principal and see if he has another option. He's a good guy and I'm sure he will find something for me."
Later, at the principal's office,
"Well, I do have a cheaper place where you can move to. And it's not far from school. I believe it would be a great place for you to stay." Said the principal.
"Oh, thank you, sir. I'm really grateful."
"Well then, let me call the student that will show you the new dorm. He already lives there."
"Knock! Knock!"
"Come in!"
The door opens and a student of my age walks in. Wait, isn't that...?
"TAKASHI!!!" exclaims Hirito.
"Oh, so you already know each other. That's wonderful. Orimura Takashi will take you to the boarding house."
"Wait. You don't mean...?"
"Yes. You are moving to Takamisou."
WHAT?!!!

The next day, Takashi and I were standing outside of Takamisou with all my bags and boxes. I still can't believe that I moved here. Well, there's no turning back now.
"Come on, Hirito. Cheer up. Takamisou isn't that bad. You'll see. It's really a great place once you get used to it."
"I hope you're right."
"Hey guys! I'm home."
"Takashi-kun!!!" screams a girl as she comes running into Takashi's arms.
"Hey. Sorry I'm late, but I had to help my friend here."
"Oh, you must be the new dorm mate."
"Y-yeah. That's me."
"Sakura-chan, I would like you to meet Hirito Amaya. He's my best friend and he is the same class as me. And he is also the class representative."
"Nice to meet you." Says Hirito as he shakes her hand.
"And Hirito, this is Sakura Itsuka, my girlfriend. She's in class 2-C."
"Girlfriend? You never told me anything about a girlfriend."
"Oh. Well we just started dating a few weeks ago."
"It's nice to meet you Hirito-kun. It's great to have you here."
"What's with all that noise?" asks a girl as she slowly walks towards them, wearing her pajamas and holding a teddy bear. "I was trying to sleep."
Really? Sleeping at this hour.
"Hey, Usami-chan. Come meet the new dorm mate." Says Sakura.
"New, what...?"
Suddenly her face turns red and shrieks. She quickly runs back into her room.
"Wow. What was that all about?" asks Hirito.
"Oh. You'll see." Laughs Takashi.
The next thing I know, the door opens again and instead of seeing a girl with bad hair and pajamas, a really hot girl comes out.
"Hi. I'm Usami Takisaki. But you can call me your new girlfriend."
Wait. What?
"Easy there Usami-chan. We don't want to scare him. He just got here. Let him get settled first, okay?" says Sakura as she pushes Usami back into her room.
"But I wasn't scaring him. I was just trying to be nice."
The door closes behind them and I'm left with Takashi.
"Sorry about that. Usami is from class 3-B and since her boyfriend broke up with her last year, she's been looking for a relationship ever since."
"Oh, so that's why she was acting that way."
"Well, there's never a dull moment here at Takamisou." says a voice coming from the stairway.
"Good afternoon, Sona sensei. This is Hirito Amaya from class 2-A. He just moved here."
"We're happy to have you. I'm Sona Ibuki, the dorm supervisor."
"Nice to meet you, sensei."
"Well Takashi, I need to head out. I'll leave you in charge. I'll be back by the time we have the party."
"Okay, sensei. Have a good day."
"Party? What party?"
"It's your welcoming party. We started preparing for it since we heard you'll be moving here."
"Oh. You didn't have to go through all the trouble."
"It's no trouble at all. We're just happy to have you here. Come on. Let me show you to your room."

A few hours later.
"Well, that was the last box. I'm finally done." Says Hirito as he lay on his bed. "I still can't believe that I'm here. So let's see, my dorm mates are my best friend Takashi, his hyperactive girlfriend Sakura-san, the girl with boyfriend issues Usami-senpai and Sona Ibuki Sensei, our supervisor who looks normal, but you can't be too sure about things. I'm at Takamisou after all. I think I'll go downstairs."
As I make my way downstairs and open the door to the living room, there is a sudden spray of confetti and someone quickly jumps on my back.
"Surprise!!!"
"Welcome to Takamisou, Hiri-kun!!!" shouts Sakura from over his shoulders.
"What's this?"
"It's your welcoming party, dummy." Says Takashi as he hands his friend a glass of juice.
"Wow. Thanks guys. This is great."
"Well of course. Anything for my boyfriend." Says Usami.
This again.
"Give him a break Usami-chan. Seriously, every boy you see, you say he's your boyfriend." Says Sakura who was still on Hirito's shoulders
"It's not every boy. And you're talking about giving someone a break? You're still on his shoulders. What's that about?"
"Oh, I'm not bothering him. Hiri-kun and I just became really good friends, right Hiri-kun?"
"Y-yeah, sure. She's not bothering me."
"Well, let's get this party started." Says Takashi.
Wow. This is actually really fun. My first party in high school. I think I'm going to like it here.

"HAHAHAHA!!!"
"What are you laughing for?" asks Hirito.
"Oh, it's nothing baby brother. It's just that I don't know if this is just a coincidence or fate?" says Chiyo, Hirito's older sister.
"What do you mean?"
"Well, I was in the same high school and the thing is that I didn't stay in the student dorms."
"Wait! You mean...."
"Yeah. I stayed at Takamisou."
"WHAT?!!!"
"Hey! Don't shout in the phone like that."
"Why didn't you tell me anything about it?"
"I didn't think you'll be interested."
That's true.
"Well, I wouldn't have been. But now it doesn't seem that bad."
"Believe it or not, I was just like you, baby brother. When they told me that I had to move at Takamisou, I was really upset, but then in just a few days, I started to enjoy it. So when the time came for me to move back to the student dorms, I refused and continued to stay at Takamisou till I finished high school. It was the best time of my life. I wish I could go back. Is Sona Sensei still there?"
"I'm right here."
I turn around and see all my dorm mates at my door listening on our conversation.
"Whoa!!! Were all of you listening?!"
"Hi, there Chiyo-chan. How's life treating you in America? Got a boyfriend yet?" asks Sona sensei.
"I'm doing great, Sensei. School here is awesome, but I really miss home. And yes. I have a boyfriend. How about you?"
"Well, I'm still in the singles league. But I'm sure I'll find someone soon enough."
"That's the spirit. Anyway, I have to go now. Take care of my little brother for me."
"I sure will."
"By the way, is Usami still looking for a boyfriend?
"What? You know Usami-senpai?"
"Yeah. She was a really good friend of mine in my last year over there."
"Well, I've got good news for you Chiyo-nee. I have a boyfriend."
"Oooohhhh! Who is he? Spill it!"
"He's your little brother of course."
Wait. What?
"Wow, little brother. You just arrived at Takamisou and you already hooked up with someone. Mighty impressive."
"It's not like that. We're not dating."
"Awww! You don't have to be shy in front of your big sister." Said Usami. "In a few years, she will really be my big sister."
"You know it girl." Said Chiyo
"Onee-chan, not you too."
"Have fun baby brother. I hope you get to enjoy it more than I did. Bye"
"Bye, Onee-chan. And thanks."
I hang up the phone and look at my new friends just to see them staring at me.
"What?"
"What do you mean what? You're Chiyo Amaya's brother?" asks Sakura.
"Yeah."
"WHOA!!!"
"She is the one that finished with straight A's in every single exam?" asks Takashi.
"That's right. Chiyo Amaya is Hirito-kun's older sister and the smartest student Sumey High has ever had. I met her last year and we've been friends since day one." Said Usami.
"I wonder if the intelligence runs in the family. Who knows? You might be the next Chiyo Amaya. Only, you'll be a boy. Show them how it's done." Said Takashi as he patted Hirito on the back.
"Yeah. No pressure."
"Don't worry. My sugar plum will be the smartest ever." Said Usami as she hugged Hirito.
I'm doomed.