Chapter 2: Two new dorm mates

"Don't forget to turn in your assignments for next week and prepare for your mid-term exams. They might seem far away but they will catch up to you without you knowing it. I hope you've been studying. Class dismissed." Uzume sensei instructed us.
"Hey, ready to go home yet?" asks Takashi.
"Yeah, I just need to pick up Usami-senpai." Says Hirito.
"Oooohhh! So the two of you are actually hitting it off. Good for you."
"It's not like that. We had a video game tournament last night and she won. So as the loser, I have to pick her up from her class and walk her home for a week."
"Hahahaha!!! That's something I forgot to warn you about. When it comes to video games, she's unbeatable."
"Gee, thanks for telling me now."
"Well, I'll go pick up Sakura-chan and we'll meet you guys in front of the school gates."
"Ok. See you there."
As I begin to leave, someone puts their hands over my eyes.
"Guess who?"
"I know it's you, Kotori."
"Awwww! How did you guess so fast? You're no fun."
This is Kotori Sakagami from class 2-A. She's also my childhood friend. We've known each other since we were toddlers. And we've been friends ever since.
"So Hirito, I heard that you moved to Takamisou. I am so sorry for you."
"It's nothing to feel sorry for. Takamisou isn't that bad. I'm having loads of fun. And since Chiyo-nee also went there, I don't think I'll have a problem."
"Hirito, sweetie!!!"
Except for that.
"Did you miss me? I missed you so much. Come on let's go." Said Usami.
"Hi-ri-to-kun?!"
A chill runs down my spine.
"What is it Kotori?"
"Is this what you meant by having loads of fun?"
"No, no, no! You've got it all wrong. This is Usami Takisaki from 3-B. She is just my dorm mate."
"Oh. Well in that case it's okay."
"We are more than dorm mates. We are lovers and Hirito promised to marry me. We're always together. Even last night. He kept me up all night."
"W-w-what?!! I can't believe this! Hirito has turned into a pervert."
"Kotori, you don't understand. We stayed up all night playing video games. And she won so now I have to pick her up from her class every day."
"Oh. So that's it. But this doesn't deny the fact that you are lovers."
"We are not. I don't like her in that way."
"Oh yeah? Then why do you allow her to hold onto you like that?"
"What?"
I look down and see Usami-senpai holding me as if someone wants to kidnap me.
"Hey, Usami-senpai. Let go!"
"That's it. I can't let my childhood friend to follow the path of darkness."
"Huh?"
"I'VE DECIDED!!! I'm moving to Takamisou."
WHAT!!!

"Everyone, I'd like you to meet Kotori Sakagami. She's in class 2-A and she's also a childhood friend of mine."
"It's nice to meet all of you. I hope Hirito-kun hasn't inconvenienced you with anything?"
"No, not at all. Hirito-kun is a really good boy." Says Sona sensei.
"She's more like a mother than a childhood friend if you ask me." Says Usami as she whispers to Sona sensei.
"Hi. I'm Sakura Itsuka from class 2-C. It's really great to meet you. I never knew that Hiri-kun had a childhood friend here. He never tells me anything."
"Because you always go and tell everyone about whatever I say. Not to mention that you totally misunderstand what I'm telling you."

FLASHBACK
"Hey, Sakura-san, about Usami-senpai. I'm not totally sure of what's going on but she's always following me everywhere I go, yelling that she loves me. Seriously, can you tell her to keep it down?"
"Why? Does it bother you? Do you not like her?"
"It's not that. I like her but not in that way. Plus rumors are spreading in school."
"Okay. I'll go talk to her."
"Thanks, Sakura-san. You're the best."
Later.
"Hey, Usami-chan. I was with Hiri-kun and we were just talking about you."
"Really?! What did he say?"
"He said that he is totally in love with you. That he loved you since the time he laid his eyes on you. That he wants to marry you and spend the rest of his life with you."
"Really?! Oh my! I love him so much. I have to go tell him how much I love him. Hirito-kun!!!"
"Huh! What?! Usami-senpai! What are you doing?!"
"I love you so much."
"What's going on?! Sakura-san!!!"

END OF FLASHBACK

"See what I mean?"
"Anyway, I am here now. So from now on I'll be keeping a close eye on you Hirito." Says Kotori.
"Now that that's settled, I think it's time to party!" says Takashi.
Well, I don't see anything wrong in Kotori being her. It's actually really awesome having all my close friends here at Takamisou. Things don't get better than this.

"Good morning class. I have some news for you. Today we have a transfer student who will be joining us. You can come in now."
The door opens and blonde haired girl walks in and stands in front of the class.
"Please introduce yourself."
"Good morning. My name is Haruna Azuki. It's really nice to meet you all."
Whoa! She's really cute.
"Okay, Azuki-san, you can go and take that empty seat over there by the window."
She makes her way to my row and seats right next to me. She's so pretty.
"Hi. I'm Haruna Azuki." She says as she turns to me.
"Oh. Nice to meet you, Azuki-san. I'm Hirito Amaya."
"Pleased to meet you, Amaya-kun. I know that this is sudden, but would you be so kind to show me around school?"
"I'd be happy to."
"Thank you so much."
As I turn back to face the board, I see that every single boy in class, except Takashi, is glaring at me. And why wouldn't they? Azuki-san is really pretty.
After class,
"So, this is the cafeteria. I personally recommend the miso ramen with pork. That's my personal favorite."
We keep walking through the school and we finally come back to class.
"Thank you so much, Amaya-kun for showing me around. But, there's one more favor I would like to ask."
"Sure. What is it?"
"Do you know any students that stay at Takamisou?"
"Takamisou? Why do you ask?"
"Because that's where I'm staying throughout my 2 years in high school."
"Well, as of matter of fact, I actually stay at Takamisou myself."
"Really? That's great. It means I can always get to see you."
Again, the whole class is glaring at me. I'm toast.
"Hey, Hirito. Don't forget about me." Says Takashi as he walks over.
"Azuki-san, I would like you to meet Takashi Orimura. He's my best friend and he also stays at Takamisou."
"Wow! Nice to meet you, Orimura-kun. What a coincidence to meet two other dorm mates in the same class as me. I can't wait to meet the others."

"Usami-senpai! You're holding me to tight." Says Hirito.
"But I have to hold you like this."
"Um, Amaya-kun? Are you and Takisaki-senpai dating?" asks Haruna.
"No." says Hirito.
"Yes." Says Usami.
"Usami has some relationship issues." Says Takashi.
"I do not."
"Usami-chan was dumped by her boyfriend last year and she's been looking for another boyfriend ever since. Actually, I think that she is still depressed about it." Whispers Sakura to Haruna.
"So when Amaya-kun joined Takamisou, she went straight for him, right?"
"Yeah. But it's not the first time she's done this. Other guys that she's gone for just used her and dumped her."
"Oh. I'm so sorry to hear that. She seems like a really nice girl."
"She is. And I hope that the guy she finds won't treat her like that ever again. If you ask me, the prefect guy for her would be Hiri-kun. He's such a nice guy. He's so dependable and always listens to what I have to say. He's just like my Takashi-kun. No wonder they're best friends."
"Yeah. Amaya-kun really is nice."
When we got home,
"We're home."
"Welcome everyone. Everything is set up." Said Sona sensei.
"That's great. We'll be right there." Said Hirito.
"Set up? What's set up?" asks Haruna.
"Oh. You'll see."
"Close your eyes, Haruna-chan." Said Sakura as she comes and puts her hands over Haruna's eyes.
"What's going on?"
"Just come on." Said Takashi as he pushes her forward.
"Surprise!!!"
"What's this?" asks Haruna.
"This is a party to welcome you at Takamisou." Said Kotori.
"All of this is for me?"
"Of course. We do this for all the new dorm mates. We had one for Hirito-kun and Kotori-chan as well." Said Sakura.
"Thank you guys so much. This is the best thing that's ever happened to me."
"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's party!!!" said Takashi who was already eating.
"Takashi, you idiot. This is Azuki-san's party." Says Hirito.
Wow! Another dorm mate in such a short time. And a pretty one too. Takamisou is beginning to become more and more fun. Looks like Onee-chan was right about this place. I'm going to make my stay here at Takamisou to be an amazing one.