Chapter 3: Exams, winter break and... a new guy

"AAAAHHHHH!!! There's so much to study and so little time." Says Takashi.
"Well, I told you that you should spend more time studying than playing video games and going out on dates. There will be enough time for that after the exams." Says Hirito.
"That's easy for you to say. You're related to a genius."
"Yeah, but that doesn't mean that we possess the same brain."
"Oh, yeah? Then how do you explain all your good grades?"
"That's because I study a lot."
"Hey, guys. What cha doing?" says Kotori as she burst into the room followed by the others.
"Nothing much. Just helping Takashi with some studying."
"Awwww! Hirito-kun is so considerate. I love you so much." Said Usami as she hugs Hirito.
"Usami-senpai! I... can't... breathe." says Hirito as he is trying to set himself free from her death grip.
"Hey. I have an idea. Why don't we create a study group." Suggested Sona sensei.
"That's a great idea. That way we can all teach each other the subject that we know best." Says Haruna.
"And since I am in the 3rd year and Sona sensei is a teacher, we can teach you things that you will learn in the next year. Think of it as already being 3rd year students." Says Usami. "Yay! I get to teach my Hirito-kun."
"Still... can't... breathe...!"
"Alright. The Takamisou study group commences today." says Sona sensei.
"Yeah!!!"
Later that day,
"OOOHHH!!! Now I understand. So hydrocarbons are just compounds made of carbon and hydrogen. You make it easy to understand, sensei. How do you know so much of science when you are a math teacher?" asks Takashi.
"Well in my high school and college years, I was the best in science."
"Wow. No wonder nee-chan had it so easy." Said Hirito.
"I think that's enough for today." Says Kotori.
"If we do this every day from now on, there's no way we can fail." Said Usami.
"Go Takamisou!!!" cheers Sakura.
Ding, dong!!!
"I'll get it." Says Hirito as he gets up to answer the door.
He opens the door and is greeted by a boy.
"Hi. Is this Takamisou?" asks the boy.
"Yeah. This is the place."
"That's good. I'm Kodaka Shahasi and I just started attending Sumey High School and I will be staying at Takamiosu."
"Oh. Come in."
"Hiri-kun! What's taking so long?" calls Sakura.
"Who's this?" asks Kotori.
"Oh, you must be the new student. They said you were coming." Said Sona sensei.
"New student?" asks everyone.
"Hi. My name is Kodaka Sahashi. I've been assigned to class 2-A. And I will be staying at Takamisou during my stay at Sumey High. Thank you for having me."
"Welcome, Sahashi-kun. We met yesterday at the teacher's office. I'm Sona Ibuki, the dorm supervisor."
"It's nice to see you again, sensei."
"Alright, guys! We have a new dorm mate and we all know what that means, right?" says Takashi.
"It's time for a welcoming party!" shouts everyone.
"Let's welcome Kodi-kun the way only Takamisou knows how." Says Sakura.

Ding, ding, ding!!!
"Alright, everyone! Time is up. Please submit your answer sheets before going. Don't forget that we still have three more days of school and then we're off to the winter holidays. Have a wonderful day."
"Yeah. That's what I'm talking about. All the exams were so easy. And it's all thanks to you guys." Says Takashi.
"Well, since the initiation of the Takamisou study group, everything became very easy at school." Said Kodaka.
"Yeah. I wasn't doing too good in math, but thanks to Sona sensei and Takisaki-senpai, everything became easier to understand." Said Haruna.
"Hi, everyone! How were the exams?" asked Kotori as she came to join us.
"Hey. They were great. How were yours?" said Hirito.
"Awesome! I did everything. Ready to head home?"
"Yeah. Let's go."
"Hey guys, I'm going to pick up Sakura-chan. Can you wait at the gate for us?" said Takashi.
"Sure thing. Come on Amaya-kun." Said Haruna.
"I need to go pick up Usami-senpai. I'll meet you guys there." Says Hirito.
"What? But I thought that it was only for a week." Said Kotori.
"Well.... I know. I just got used to it."
"Oooohhhh!!! Could it be... love?" teased Takashi.
"Shut up and go pick up Sakura-san."
"You're right. She must be waiting for me."
"We'll see you guys at the gates."
As Hirito-kun left, I noticed Haruna-chan staring after Hirito-kun. She had this sad expression on her face. I wonder...
"Haruna-chan. Are you alright?" asked Kotori.
"Who? Me? Yeah. I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be? Let's head towards the gates and wait for them there."
As we head outside, I just couldn't stop thinking about Haruna-chan and the way she looked after Hirito-kun left. It's strange but I have this weird feeling inside of me. Could it be that she... likes Hirito-kun?
"So, do you guys have any plans for the winter break?" asks Kodaka.
"Not me. I'm staying here at Takamisou." Says Haruna.
"Come to think of it, me neither." Says Kotori.
"Then what are we all going to do over the break?" asks Kodaka.
"What are you guys talking about?" asks Sakura as she comes to join the others followed by Takashi and Usami holding tight to Hirito as usual.
"We were just thinking about what to do over the holidays since nobody is going home." Says Kodaka.
"Well, do you guys have any ideas?" asks Usami.
"Not yet. But by the looks of things, we might end up staying at Takamisou over the holidays." Says Kotori.
"I might have some way of helping you guys out." Says Hirito.
"What do you mean? How?" asks Haruna.
"I'm not telling you yet. Let's go home first and see what Sona sensei is doing over the holidays."
"Oh come on. Tell us." Says Takashi.
"Nope. Not yet."
"Alright. Let's get home fast so that we can find out what you're talking about." Says Sakura.
At Takamisou,
"No. I'm not doing anything over the holidays. I'll be staying here with you guys." Says Sona sensei.
"In that case, Hirito-kun, tell us what you had in mind." Says Kotori.
"Well, it's more like a surprise. Chiyo-nee sent Takamisou a gift for Christmas."
"What is it? Where? I love surprises." Says Sakura who was already at the edge of her seat.
"She sent us eight VIP tickets at a hot spring resort in Okinawa."
"What?!!" exclaims everyone in shock.
"That's so awesome!" says Takashi.
"Are you serious?" asks Haruna.
"I love you Chiyo-nee-chan." Says Usami.
"That's great. When do we leave?" asks Sona sensei.
"After four days. Right after school ends. We get to stay for three days."
"Let's get packing then." Says Kodaka.
"I can't wait. I get to spend my summer holidays with my Hirito-kun." Says Usami as she hugs Hirito.
"Not so tight, Usami-senpai."