Chapter 4: Takamisou's culture festival

"Ok class. Before we go, it's time we choose something to do for the culture festival. Class Rep, you can take it from here."
"Thank you, sensei." Said Hirito. "So, as sensei said, we need to come up with something that our class can do for the culture festival. Any ideas?"
"Maid café." Said Takashi.
"Karaoke." Said Kodaka.
"Haunted house." Said Haruna.
"Cosplay café." Said another student.
"Ok. Let's stick with these. Now let's take a vote."
After the votes,
"Alright. It's been decided. We'll do the Maid café. Starting with Monday, we will be staying after school to prepare for it."
"Amaya-kun? I have a question." Asked a student.
"Sure. What is it?"
"Is Takamisou doing anything for the culture festival?"
"Umm. I don't know. It's up to the dorm supervisor."
"Well, you know that Takamisou never did anything for the festival before so why now? I mean it's not like we expect anything."
"Who knows? This year it might be different, right Hirito?" asked Takashi giving Hirito a wink.
"Sure will. You'll see." Said Hirito.
After class,
"Ok. So now they think that we have something planned for the festival. What will we do when they find out that we don't?" asked Hirito.
"Don't worry. We'll find something. We're Takamisou after all." Said Takashi.
"You're right. But in the end it will all come down to Sona sensei's decision." Said Kodaka.
"Don't worry about that. I know she'll be on board with it." Said Takashi.
At Takamisou,
"I have nothing against it. I think it sounds great." Said Sona sensei.
"I knew you were going to be okay with it." Said Takashi giving Hirito a "I told you so" look.
"Are you sure sensei?" asked Usami
"Yes. I don't see anything wrong with it."
"But sensei, if you are okay with us doing something for the festival, why hasn't Takamisou ever done anything for the previous ones?" asked Hirito.
"Because just before your batch showed up, we were told that if we ever did anything for the festival, Takamisou would be torn down."
"WHAT?!!" asked everyone in shock.
"But why?" asked Sakura.
"About three years ago, Takamisou wanted to do something big for the festival and some of the school funds were used to help. But that year, Takamisou caused for the whole festival to be shut down. The school lost a lot of money due to that problem. So I was told that Takamisou is never allowed to do something for the festival ever again or it will be torn down."
"Then why are you okay with us doing it?" asked Kotori.
"Because I know that from all the students that stayed here before, you guys are the only ones capable to do something to change all that has happened to Takamisou."

"This is a lot to take in." said Kodaka.
"How could they do something like that?" asked Haruna.
"Hey. We can't just sit here asking ourselves these questions. Sensei is counting on us to change Takamisou's fate. And that's exactly what we'll do." Said Hirito.
"You're right, Hiri-kun. Let's do this." Said Sakura.
"Alright. It's settled then. Hirito is our director." Said Sona sensei.
"What?" asked Hirito.
"No objections." Said everyone.
"Why me?"
"Because you have all the qualities of a leader. And that's exactly what we need in this situation. Not to mention that you are the class rep." Said Takashi.
"Come up with what you want to do for the festival and I'll submit the paperwork to the office." Said Sona sensei.
"Ok, sensei."
"So, do you guys have any ideas?" asked Hirito.
"Um, a talent show?" asked Kodaka.
"I don't think it will get to them that much. We need something that says Takamisou. Something that will shock and surprise the crowd at the same time. Something that will give the audience mixed emotions and keep them at the edge of their seats." Said Hirito.
"I know!!!" cried Sakura. "How about a movie?"
"Yes!!! That's it!!!" said everyone.
"We'll make a movie. A Takamisou production." Said Kotori.
"I actually took filming classes and I also have a big video camera back home. I can get my parents to send it to me." Said Takashi.
"And my parents work at a movie studio. I could ask them to lend me some of their equipment." Said Kodaka.
"That's awesome." Said Usami.
"Ok. Now that that's settled, what will the movie be about?" asked Haruna.
"How about we make it about Takamisou's history and all the previous tenants?" asked Sakura.
"That's a great idea! And I think I can get Chiyo-nee to help out." Said Hirito.
"Alright, y'all. Let's get to work." Said Takashi.
"We're going to show them what Takamisou can really do." Said Kotori.