Chapter 5

"Come at me you c**k eating f*ckers!" I screamed in the middle of the hallway. I saw a few zombies turn our way.

"Come eat us you slimy sh*ts!" Raphael joined in. We grinned at each other. The zombies begin shambling towards us.

"Nice piece of juicy *rse right here!" I cup my hands around my mouth. Raphael and I burst out laughing. The adrenaline was making the whole situation hysterical.

The zombies began coming at us a but quicker and we started to retreat down the hallway, armed with our chair legs and killing any zombie in our way.

I grabbed my phone out my pocket and put an album of heavy metal songs on full volume.
"Voldemort!" I screamed as I took down a zombie with no nose.

The rotten smell made me want to gag as we walk around the blood covered school. As we wall past a classroom, I see zombie fist hammering on the door. The window on the door smashed and a pealing, greying hand reached through the small whole, the glass stuck on it ripped through its skin but the thing didn't notice; I was to intent on getting it's next meal.

I jumped as something grabbed my arm and I turned around to take a good swing at its head when I realized it was Raphael. "We need to get going! Runners!"

I turned to the crowd of growling zombies as the door to the classroom just in front of me came down with a huge crash and three runner came sprinting towards us. We turned on our heels and charged down the corridor in front of us. The pounding of feet mixed with the growls of the zombies and the screams of heavy metal produced by my phone. It was deafening. As we continued down the corridor, the adrenaline high keeping me going, the corridor split three ways.

"Left!" Raphael called over all the noise as zombies started shambling down the other two ways. Taking a sharp 90° turn, we hurried down the left hallway, me on the right side of Raphael.

We had some distance between us and the zombies; but there were hundreds of them.
We continued down the hallway to the gym. Up ahead was another left turn that was the short cut to the gym. I sped up a little. Raphael was just rounding the corner when I noticed the grotesque hand reaching out for him so I quickly yanked on his arm - just in time - and shoved him forward instead. 

"Looks like we're taking the long route!" I said. My legs were burning and sweat beads were forming on my forehead. The un-dead were catching up with us. I could feel their hot breath fanning my neck and their snarls rang in my ears.

Something snagged my hair. I let out a panicked shriek. Raphael turned and whacked at the hand with his chair leg before lifting me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and laced my arms behind his neck before he and started sprinting again. Looking up, I realized the sheer amount of zombies chasing after us.

Hundreds.

I was so glad that our school was only for ks4 and 6th Form (also known as year 9 - to 13 or in America it's 8th - 12th grade) or else there would be many more zombies.

*Yes, I am English.*

Raphael kept running until finally we are through the gym. He was definitely faster than I was. Sasha, Sebastian, Ryan and Tiffiny shut the doors and barricaded the doors while still making a racket to make sure the zombies attention on that door. Liam, Cooper, Alesha, Damien and Francesca take a loop around in the hallways to get to the other door so they can close and barricade it.

Raphael, while putting me down, leaned on a wall and slowly sank down to the floor. His breathing is heavy and his face is flushed. His head was leant back on the wall. I rested my arms on the wall before I leant my head on them, regaining my breath. I chuckle. We just got chased by a horde of zombies. The realization was finally dawning on me. Raphael started laughing too and it wasn't long before we were crying with laughter.