Chapter 11: Lunch

Lafayette delicately placed a cupcake into the tupperware container, and clicked the plastic lid into place. For a second he considered not going through with his plan all together, but it was too late now. He had already called Peggy to pick him up, and he knew she wouldn't let him back out.

So he sighed, placing the paper bag on the counter and sitting down at the kitchen table. He anxiously scrolled the internet, waiting for Peggy to arrive. Suddenly his phone softly buzzed, and he saw a single text.

AndPeggy: Laffy, get yo ass in this car now.

Lafayette giggled a bit to himself, It was never a dull moment with Peggy around. Lafayette slid on his coat and shoes, remembering to grab the bag befire heading out the door.

*,*,*,*,*,*,*,

Hercules tapped his pencil rhythmically against his desk, looking over the design plans for the next line of clothing. He ran a hand through his hair leaning back in his chair.

Today, like every other day, was exhausting. He wanted to take a day off, but he knew he couldn't trust leaving all the employees alone for a day. He didn't want to risk a possible hazard or mistake in crucial plans.

So he was at work.

However, spending time with husband, daughter, and nephew greatly improved his mood, he couldn't wait to go home. Then there was a soft knock at the office door.

"Come in." Herc said loud enough to be heard from the other side.

In stepped his assistant, Rebecca. She was wearing a sleeveless white blouse and dark colored jeans. Her straight blonde hair was pulled back into ponytail, and her reading glasses rested in her head.

"Sir, the new fabrics just arrived and you need to sign a couple documents regarding the delivery." She explained, setting the small packet of papers on the center of Hercs desk.

Hercules sighed, placing his signature and contact information on the correct dotted lines. When he finished, Rebecca collected the documents and nodded before leaving his office.

Herclues lookes out the open window of his office, smiling at the way the reflected off the sun-catcher Camille had once made for him, casting tiny rainbow around the room. He finally felt at ease until the subtle knocking at his door caused him to return to reality.

Herclues reluctantly stood up from his chair, taking long strides to the door. He expected that there was mostl likely a problem with the shipments again, but when he pulled opened the door he was surprised at what he saw.

His husbands familliar chocolate brown eyes stared up at him, and they sparkled with excitement. His hair was a beautiful poofy mess, and his smile was shy and genuine. In his hands he gripped the top of a brown paper bag.

"Um, mon amour?" Lafayette said softly "I brought you lunch."

~~~~~~~~~~
(Word Count: 482)

It would appear I love you all enough to update twice. However, this is beacuse, I don't think I'll be updating this book until Friday (30th). Sorry, but I've ran out of pre-made chapters and I dont want to rush something that wont be of decent quality.

Sincerely,
Welp