Chapter 35: Winter Magic [pt.1]

December snow fell, covering the city in a white blanket. Herc pulled up infront of the bakery, Camille and Enzo sitting in the back seat.

   Herc opened his door, and unstrapped Enzo's car seat while Cami slid out of the car. Cami liked the way the snow squished beneath her brown boots before she stepped onto the side walk in front of the bakery.

     The sigh said closed but the door wasn't yet locked, so Cami invited herself in. Laf was busy putting away some left over cinnamon buns when he was alerted by the jingle of the bell at the front door. He smiled and asked one of the remaining bakers to go take his daughters order.

   Cami wiped her feet off and took a seat at an open table near the window, waiting for her dad and brother to join her. Sasha, one of the other bakers, smiled and took a notepad over to the table where Cami sat.

"Is it just you today miss Camille or will there be other members of your party coming to join you.".

  Cami smiled, happy that she was being treated like a grown-up. She politely informed Sasha that she was waiting for her family.

*,*,*,*,*,

   After everybody was seated, Sasha came back to take their order.

" We'll have a cinnamon bun and two hot chocolates please." Cami said sweetly.

  Sasha wrote the orders down and asked, "Anything else I can get you tonight."

Herc smiled "One Laffy Taffy to go please."

    Sasha nodded, highly amused as she wrote the order down. To spite being one of the youngest bakers, she had the best humor.

"Would you like some whipped cream on that?" She asked.

"Yes please." Herc smirked

~~~~~~~
(Word Count: 290)

    One person in, a few more to go. Thanks for getting Je te veux to 20k reads. Also MyLittleGalaxy279 I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Sincerely,
Welp