Chapter 18: Cheerful Mornings

What Laf woke up was to was not what he expected. He haf been expecting to wake up to blaring alarm, and a fussy seven year old.

    Instead, it was quiet, and the sun filtered in through the window. The sunlight cast shadows from the furniture and made the dust appear like something magical. He attempted to sit up but something stopped him

    He wiggled around in the iron grip so he could face his husband. Hercs gentle sleeping face was more peaceful than ever. Laf basked in his beauty, studying his features for the first time in a while.

     His eyelashes looked longer than Laf remembered, and his lips looked fuller. They looked soft too. The sunlight weaved through Hercs tight curls, giving off an amber glow. Laf reached out to touch the soft looking strands.

  "Well goodmorning handsome." Herc said, his voice deep with sleep. Laf recoiled his hand in surprise.

"Bonjour." Laf said in a whisper.

"I made coffee about half an hour ago, if you would you would like some." Herc said, eyes still closed.

"Oui," Laf smiled "merci"

"My pleasure baby."

   Laf blushed at the sudden use of pet names. It was different than he was used to, but he certainly wasn't complaining.

*,*,*,*,*,

(Herc POV)

I may have gone too far with my plans.

I may have bought something expensive.

It may be a surprise.

Almost as good as going to disney.

~~~~~~
(Word Count: 239)

    Hey guys, you see that foreshadowing I did just now. Heck yeah. Rather than post on a schedule. Im probably just going to post when Im inspired, until I feel like myself again.

Sincerely,
Welp