Chapter One

"Are you sure you want to go through with this?" The man asks me, wanting my final decision on this. I look at the ground and nod my head, yes. "Very well." He says and puts the chains on me. In some sort of way, I feel like this is the best.

I don't care about anything. I never did. I was different... I can't remember anything. All I can remember is seeing the monsters that lurk around. And I am scared of them... No one ever believed me. I tried to save them all but they always end up dead...

And it's all my fault...

I feel responsible for all of this...

"This way, please." The man escorts me through a room filled with other creatures. 

Many of them I've seen before, and some of them seemed new to me. I wonder how they can keep all of these creatures locked up. How do they even keep track of them?

I am a sleigh beggy... The last of them, I think. They are very rare these days, yet I understand what they can do. Somehow I knew...

I went up on a stage and the man began yelling out numbers. I zoned out because I didn't care about the money that was spent on me. Like I said, I don't care what happens to me. I'm through, done, with life...

"5 million." I heard someone call out. I slightly lifted my head to see a man with a face of a skull and standing next to him was a girl around my age. When the girl and I made eye contact, I could tell that right away that she was another sleigh beggy. But it was like she could see right through me. Have I met her from somewhere before?

With the money the skull man and the young girl had to buy me with, I was taken to another room. They discussed about the rules and what I've been through. But once again, I zoned out.

"Hey, are you okay?" The girl gently grabbed my hands, making me look at her.

She...was so beautiful. She seemed so special.

I couldn't find the words to answer her. All I could do was frown and tear up. I was afraid...I was afraid that I was going to end up hurting her and the man too...Why?...Why does this have to happen to me!?

Chise's P.O.V.

"Um...Where are we going, Elias?" I ask him as we walk to the same place I was first bought. He said he had an errand to run and he wanted me to come along with him. But he hasn't told me where we were going. I began to wonder what it was.

"For another bidding." He answers. What is he going to buy this time?

After walking in the room, we take our seats. We were just in time for the bidding. On stage was girl with dark brown hair and blue eyes.... This brings back memories of the time when I first met Elias. But why would Elias be interested in this girl? Is she someone special?

"Let's start the bidding! Behold, the sleigh beggy!" The man in charged announced and my eyes widened a bit. Another sleigh beggy? I thought I was the only one. But was Elias buying her for the same reason he bought me? To keep me alive?

As I looked at the girl, she was frowning the whole time. The same as I was when I was up there... But something was different about her. I could feel it. She was something a lot more... But she seemed like she's been through a lot. She looked so sad... heartbroken ...afraid.

With the money Elias had on him, he bought the girl. We went to the same room to discuss the rules for the girl. While Elias was speaking with the man in charge, I looked over at the girl. She looked so frightened.

To calm her down, I gently took her hands and smiled at her. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked her, trying my best to comfort her. Her head snapped up to me and her eyes widen. Did she know that I was a sleigh beggy too? Do we have the power to sense one another?

"I....I...." The girl choked on her words as tears welled up in her eyes. She couldn't get the words out. Instead, she ended up crying with her face in her hands.

"Don't worry about her, Chise. Sadly, she's been like that since she got here. She's only been here for 3 days and she hasn't said a word to any of us." Seth explained with a frown. "All does is nod and shake her head, giving us a yes or no answer. Other than that, she's been crying. She's an emotional mess."

"That's alright." I continued to smile at the girl. "Everything is going to be okay. You don't have to worry anymore." I wonder what kind of life she has been through....