Chapter Seven

Molly and her cats watched over Piper as she worked on her magic, while I was talking to Elias about what I saw near Piper. 

I told him that there was a shadow like woman near Piper. I think it might have something to do with her not getting enough rest and the way she's been acting. "Are you sure about this, Chise?" Elias asked me and I nodded. "Lindel did mention that Piper takes the blame for a lot of things. It's one of the reasons why she feels guilt and can't get any rest."

"But what about the shadow I saw? Should we tell her?" I ask. 

"Not right now. She's dealing with enough. If you tell her, she might go into a panic. However, we should be going. Piper has practiced enough magic for one day." 

"Right." I nod my head and go tell Piper. I found her holding Molly in her arms as she was looking at the lake. "Piper, we will be leaving soon." I told her and she turns to me and nods. 

"Aw, so soon? Alright. I wish you a farewell. It was nice meeting you, Piper." Molly smiles at Piper. 

"It was nice meeting you too, king of cats." Piper says back. 

"But, before you, I would like to have a talk with you, Chise." Molly looks at me. Me? I wonder why. Molly hops down from Piper's arms and walks over to me. "Come, we will talk in private." I follow Molly to another part of the forest, not too far away from Piper. "You should really keep an eye on that girl. She is not well and she is going to die very soon." 

"Because she is a sleigh beggy, I know." I told her. 

"Not only because of that. Have you noticed the scars on her arm?" I nod my head yes. "She's tried to kill herself more than once, Chise." My eyes widen at this. 

"Wh-What!?" I exclaim. 

"She had asked her to use her magic to remember a time when she was happy since she looked so upset all the time. While we both looked into her memory, it was quickly corrupted by a dark memory. What I saw in her memory was that she tried to commit suicide by taking a blade to her wrist and down her arms many, many times. But she has failed to do so because her veins would disappear. Piper cannot remember a good memory because she is corrupted by darkness and sorrow." So that's how the scars got there... She's been trying to kill herself. Oh, Piper... "Keep her out of harms way or near any sharp objects. Piper is trying very hard to erase herself from this word. Be sure to tell Thorn Mage about this too. Promise me, Chise, that you will not let this girl slip away." 

"I will try." I told her. Elias, Ruth, Piper and I went home and we see Alice and Renfred. "Oh, hi, Alice. Renfred." I smiled at them. 

"Hey, Chise." Alice waves and looks at Piper. "Who is she?" 

"This is Piper Griffin. Elias's new apprentice." 

"I-It's nice to meet you..." Piper stutters. 

"Piper, why don't you go take a bath. You've had a long day." Elias turns to Piper.