Chapter 6

Piper's P.O.V.

As we returned back to Elias's house, I stayed in my room while Chise and Silky were making dinner. I didn't want to bother anyone because I felt like a burden. Yet I didn't want to be bothered. 

I'm pretty sure that Lindel had told Elias and Chise about my past because he was talking to them while I was playing with the hatchlings. They were talking for a long while before we left.

I hear that I'll be going on an errand with Chise and Elias, along with Ruth, to a kingdom of cats. Elias said something about using my magic for practice. It's funny...I know how to use my magic but I don't know much about them. I just got use to it, but I do need the practice.

"Piper, we will be leaving soon. Are you ready?" Elias knocks on my bedroom door. 

"C-Coming" I said and get off the bed, then exit the room. I wonder why we are going to the kingdom of cats anyway? Why would it be the place to practice my magic on? Does it have a lot of space.

Elias, Chise, Ruth, and I were on a train to the kingdom of cats. It was a long ride and all of us were quiet. It was quite awkward just sitting here and not saying a word to each other. Well, that was until Chise asked me something. 

"Piper... I really want to know... What are those scars on your arm? Did something bad happen to you? I'm really worried about you." I remember she looked at my scars when she gave me a bath. .

I frowned and looked away, managing to say "I would like to tell you, but...it's hard to explain." 

"It's okay. You can tell us when you're ready." Chise smiled. The train whistled, letting us know that we are close to the kingdom of cats. I wonder what these cats are like? Do they talk like Ruth does and turn into human? 

Once we got to the kingdom of cats, I wasn't surprised that they were so many cats around. One of them were escorting us to the leader. So, they do talked because this was one was explaining about how wiser they get when they lose their lives. 

"Welcome back, Ainsworth, Chise." I saw a beautiful cat on the ledge of a small gate as she smiled at us. "Oh, and I see you brought new faces. I take it you are Chise's familiar." The cat referred to Ruth. 

"It's nice to meet you." Ruth replied.

"And you are?" The cat looked at me. 

"Piper Griffin... I-It's nice to meet you, King of Cats." I bowed my head. 

"Such a lady. There is no need to be so formal. You can rest easy. I hear that you are Ainsworth's new apprentice, but I sense a powerful source coming from you." Powerful source? What is that suppose to mean? "I see you came all this way to practice your magic. You came at the right time. Please, follow me." The cat hopped down from the gate and led me to the woods, the perfect place to find practice magic. Nothing to damage and nobody will get hurt. 

The king of cats is named Molly and her two hitmen are named Joseph and Jasper. Chise, Elias, and Ruth were following behind. They wanted to witness me using my magic.