Chapter Nineteen

Piper's P.O.V.

I returned back home with my cousin, Elias, Ruth, and Leo and Silky had came running to the front door and gave me a big hug. 

She was so happy to see me that she wouldn't let go of me for a long 2 minutes. "I'm home, Silky." I smile at her as I pat her back. She pulls away from the hug and takes my hand into hers, giving me another warm welcoming smile. 

"You should rest, Piper. You could be still a little weary from all the magic you used up." Chise smiles at me. 

"Right." I nod my head to her. But then thinking back, I wonder where Joseph went. Did we leave him behind? Are did he vanish like he always does. I need to know what happened to him. "Um... Chise?" 

"Hm?" 

"Where is Joseph? Is he...dead?" 

"No." Chise shook her head. "Come with me." Chise takes me outside and down these stairs that led me straight to Joseph. He was asleep on this big bed with the covers over him. "He's resting right now. I didn't want to leave him. He's gone through enough." Chise begins to explain what she means. "Joseph was picked on when he was younger and died for a crime he couldn't remember. He's been suffering all this time and doesn't know how to cope. So, I gave him a hand and let him rest here." 

"But do you know why he took my memories? He said something about my eyes seeing things that others couldn't. I didn't know what he meant. I thought he was talking about those creatures he's been sending after me when you and Elias could see them too." I replied to her and looked at her. 

"Elias has been looking into it and it turns out your eyes can see more than just the fae. Spirits who haven't made it to the other side, angels, demons, and so much more. That's why he wanted your eyes, Piper. He wanted to see things that others couldn't. Haven't you been noticing what you've been seeing?" 

"Sometimes, but I thought you could see them too. I never thought of that." 

"What you have is an amazing gift, Piper. Continue to use it so you can help out others like I have, okay?" Chise gives me another smile as she takes my hand in hers. 

"Okay, Chise." I smile back at her. 

"Anyway, get some rest. I have an errand to run, okay?" 

"Okay." I went to bed and went to rest for a bit. After about an hour or 2, Elias was teaching me how to make potions while Chise was still away. I asked Elias where Chie had ran off to, but he wouldn't tell me.

"Are you sure you are feeling alright to study potions?" Elias questions me. 

"Yes. I really want to learn about the potions that Chise has been learning. I want to catch up to her." I smile at him. After I was finished making my potion, a wooly bug flies by and takes a sip of the potion I made. 2 seconds later, it starts to go wild and fly around the room. 

"Looks like you misplaced an ingredient." 

"Sorry." I smile a bit. 

"That will be enough for today. Go wash up." 

"Yes sir." I leave my spot and go to the bathroom and take a quick bath. Afterwards, I go to my room and get changed into a black long sleeve sweater, a red scarf, brown shorts, and brown boots. 

When I come back to the living room I hear a loud "SURPRISE!!!" From everyone. Chise, Elias, Ruth, Leo, Angelica, Alice, Renfred, Silky, and Lindo. I am shocked and speechless at this point. 

"Happy Birthday little wolf!" Ariel flies in front of me, snapping me out of my thoughts. Ariel smiles at me and gives me a kiss on the cheek. 

"Happy Birthday, Piper." Chise runs over to me and takes my hands in hers. This as a birthday party? I can't remember the last time I celebrated my birthday. It's been forever. 

Fresh tears start streaming down my face and I can't help but smile. "Thank you, Chise!" I hug her tightly and begin to cry out of joy. Chise pats my back as I pull away from her and wipe the tears. 

I received so many gifts from everyone and I couldn't be more happier. Nice clothes from Silky. Charms from both Alice and Renfred. A flower crown from Elias. And a golden ring from Lindo. 

"Here you go, Piper." Chise hands me a little box. I take it and open it to see a bracelet that says 'FOREVER' on it. I am confused and look at Chise. She holds up her right wrist that has a bracelet that says 'COUSINS'. When I slip on the bracelet on my left wrist and bring it to her. Together they say 'COUSINS FOREVER'

"Chise! It's perfect! Thank you!" I hug her and she giggles, hugging me back. 

"I'm glad you like it, Piper." We end up having the best party. Cake and tea were served and we played fun games. Tears of joy welled up in my eyes again because this was the best day ever. Surrounded by friends and loved ones.

I went outside while the party was still going on to get some fresh air. I looked up at the starry sky with Leo sitting beside me. "Happy Birthday, Piper. Sorry for not getting you anything. I couldn't think of anything to get you." He tells me. 

"That's alright, Leo. Your love is all I want." I smile at him and give him a kiss on his head. His tail wags as he smiles at me. 

"Taking a break from all the excitement?" I turn to see Lindel walking over to me. "That's what I'm doing too." He smiles. "I hope you're enjoying the party. Chise put a lot work into it."

"I love it." I smile back at him. "It's been a long time since I celebrated a birthday party. One day I'm going to do the same with Chise." I look back at the starry sky and smile. "Thank you for the ring. It's beautiful." 

"That ring is actually something special." He gently takes my hand and smiles at the ring. "You are a strong mage, Piper. Despite what you have gone through, you have special talents that other mages are not able to have. Your power is one of a kind. From the moment I saw you, you were the most beautiful person I have seen. So, this ring....is more of a proposal." 

"Proposal?" I blink and look at him. "Lindel...?"

"I want you to become my bride, Piper." My heart just stops when he says this. I couldn't process this but deep down I wanted to shout out yes. I had a small crush on Lindel but didn't bring up the courage to tell him. 

But now, 

"Yes!" I finally have the nerve to say and wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him. I feel his arms wrap around my waist and hear him chuckling. He gently sets me down and we look into each other's eyes. Leo looks at the door way and Lindel and I see everyone smiling at the two of us. 

I'm right where I belong. This is my home. With my cousin, Chise. My familiar, Leo. And a powerful mage, Elias, to be here with me through every step of the way with the help of friends to guide me. This is the life that I will continue on forever...

The End

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading this book everyone! I enjoyed writing this story and I think it was awesome! Thank you for voting and commenting and I never would have completed it with your help! Thanks for the motivation and support! See you all next time!