XIII - a troublemaker and a pilot

"Oh, don't tell me this guys back. Thought we shook you for good, there." Regina said, smiling as she walked into Clints room. She felt tense since hearing that S.H.I.E.L.D wanted to, to put it into simpler words, fire her. She couldn't imagine a normal life. Well, she could, and that was the problem. She really didn't want to end up cutting her own bangs again. Ok, sure, the last time she did that she was six years old, but now the thought was in her head and it was concerning.

"Hey there, troublemaker." Clint said, patting the space on the bed next to him. Natasha was sat on the chair, and she seemed a lot more at ease now that Clint was both back with them and not trying to kill them. He put an arm over Reginas shoulder like a half-hug, and she made no attempt to shake him off.

"What's with the long face, Staves?" Natasha asked, easily seeing through Regina.

Regina sighed, crossing her still pocketed hands across her for a few seconds. "S.H.I.E.L.D... they want to, I don't know how to put it," She muttered,. "Basically, they want to send me to some dirt-normal family to live a mediocre life away from all of... all of this! All of you-" She groaned, shaking her head as she uncrossed her hands again. "And then what happens when I accidentally zap something? Change my clothes without thinking? I'm shipped off to some other family as soon as they say they can't handle me."

"S.H.I.E.L.D wouldn't send you to someone that can't handle you." Natasha assured her. Regina wasn't overly surprised that Natasha knew, really. It was the typical way of things.

Clint didn't look all to impressed about it, however, not by a long shot. "How are your hands?" He asked, instead choosing to changing the subject. He had always taken the lead when Regina let her emotions get the best of her.

She sighed, hesitating before taking her hands out of her pockets, having to use her cut up hand to help get the other hand out. "It looks a lot worse than it is. They don't hurt at all, and they work, so." She shrugged, pointedly choosing not to mention how little one of them worked now.

"You made the right choice, doing that instead of letting him take control of you." Clint assured her.

Regina made a non-committal noise of agreement as her hands dropped to her lap, tucking them between her thighs to stop either of them from looking at them. "He still got the scepter though."

"He's practically a god, and you were straight out of an explosion." Natasha pointed out. "You did all you could do."

"I'm proud of you, kid." Clint said, patting Reginas back before he stood up. "I'll be right back." He said, going into the bathroom and closing the door behind him.

Regina moved her gaze to Natasha. "He's okay, right?"

"He will be." Natasha assured her, nodding. "Always is."

The door opened and Steve stepped in, in his full Captain America gear. "Time to go." He said. Natasha and Regina both stood up, Natasha asking where they were going. "I'll tell you on the way. Can you fly one of those jets?"

"I can." Clint said, stepping back out of the bathroom. Steve looked from him to Natasha, who nodded in approval. He looked back to Clint. "You got a suit?" He asked.

"Yeah."

Steve looked to Regina next. "You up to it, kid?"

"Always. I've still got some unchecked rage I'm sure I can spare just this once." Regina said with a smile, glad he was past the whole downgrading her because she's a kid thing.

He gave her a short nod, readily accepting her reply. "Then suit up." He said shortly before leaving the three agents to get ready.

Regina made a move to leave the room, but Clint put a hand on her shoulder to stop her before she could. She turned around to meet his eyes, seeing him and Natasha both giving him varying degrees of concern in their expressions. "You sure you're up for this, Regina?" He asked seriously, and since it was him she actually cared to stop and think about it for a moment, before her mouth widened into a grin.

"Bet I can get a hit on Loki before you do, old man."

"Oh, now that's fighting talk-"