chp 10

Manik moved out of hospital with red eyes while nandini had to run behind him to meet his pace........he didn't even spare a single look on her as if unaware of her presence.......nandini too didn't speak a single word sensing his anger.....they reached their apartment and manik without waiting for her came out of car closing the door with loud sound and rushed inside the apartment without sparing a look at her......she sighed in nervousness sensing the damage their words had caused......she saw his reaction when those bitter words escaped Mr khuranna's lips....she wanted to console the poor soul....she felt like slapping herself for speaking like that to him.........

Nandini.was running behind manik calling his name but he turned deaf ear to her shoutings and kept walking...... manik entered the room and nandini was about to enter the room behind him but he proved to be quick enough to close the door on her face.....nandini let out a frustrated breath unable to think of solution.........nandini sat on the sofa which was kept right in front of his room thinking about his condition and also looking at the door time by time...........

On the other hand manik threw himself on bed.....his eyes were fixed on floor and his fingers were playing with his shirts button.....he let out deep breaths to calm himself to stop his tears from flowing......but it didn't help him and tears started spilling out of his eyes uncontrollably.......

Ma: I wasn't at fault.....i wasn't (gripped his hairs)...... I was only 12 13 years old......he didn't know that sth like this would happen otherwise he would have never insisted them to come back to India early....... maa baba i didn't know that ur plane would crash (tears flowed down while he looked at the sky from window)..... I miss u but here everyone blames for ur death....... even after many years Mr khuranna still made him remember that dreadful night which snatched manik's childhood from him........after that incident he became mature and did everything to remove that label from his personality.......but it seemed that his efforts went wasted..... no one acknowledged it ........ (he was busy in talking to himself which got disturbed by constant knocking on the door.....he moved towards the door angrily deciding to teach that person lesson)

Outside door nandini was present holding a tray..... few minutes back when she was sitting on sofa sadly she realized that manik hadn't eaten anything from noon and it was night so she prepared his favourite sandwiches for him hoping that it would help in calming him a little and then she would say sorry to him for her words

Meanwhile manik opened the door breaking her chain of thoughts and snapped angrily

Ma: what

Nandini startled at his sharp tone but managed to calm down and stated in low tone while looking at his dark red eyes which were depicting how much pain he was experiencing

N: wo khana (food)........ (he gave her an angry glare).... ummmm tmne kuch nhi khaya u must be hungry (managing to pass a smile)

Ma: don't act as if u care.....m sick of these fake concerns (he shouted remembering how khuranna was acting nice to him before the time he refused to marry his daughter.......after the revelation his behaviour changed to 180 degree)

And without waiting for her reply he closed the door with thud while nandini opened her mouth to say sth in her defence but closed it immediately getting scared at his action and flinched at her place..........

After that she moved back to kitchen and placed the tray on counter....she then grabbed water bottle and drank water while staring at the sandwiches she made for both of them and then left the kitchen without even taking a single bite......