Nineteen

Rachel

Holy shit. I just agreed to spend the night with Miles. What the hell was I thinking—my parents will never going to allow it!

I thought for a moment and had the most cliché, teen-movie idea.

Brooke, SOS I need you now!

Immediately she answered.

Whose ass do I need to kick?

No, nothing like that. I'm spending the night with Miles.

WHAT?!

I know, I know...and I can't tell my parents that. So I'm going to tell them I'm spending the night with you. Is that okay?

Ooh, sneaky girl.

;) Thanks love.

Make sure he wraps it up.

SHUT UP!

Bahahaha. xoxo

I clicked off of the thread with Brooke and dialed my mom, looking up at Miles and putting my finger to my lips.

He smirked and leaned against the trunk with me, crossing his arms over his chest and watching me in amusement.

"Hey Mom!"

"Hey babydoll," she greeted. There was a lot of noise in the background.

"Mom...where are you?" I asked, holding a finger to my ear.

"Your dad and I are at the Walsh's house for a dinner party, did I forget to tell you?"

"Ahh, well, then you won't mind if I stay at Brooke's for the night?" I asked, the lie rolling off my tongue.

"No, baby, that's fine! Have a good time!" I heard my dad hooting with laughter in the background.

"Have fun Mom. Love you."

"Love you too, honey!"

My phone beeped as she ended the call.

I grinned at Miles. "Easy peasy," I said, shoving my phone into my purse.

"Lemon squeezy," he finished, sweeping me off my feet and into his arms, my legs wrapped around his waist.

When we got to the door, he sighed.

"What?"

"My keys are in my pocket... and my hands are otherwise occupied." 

I looked at him and winked. "I got you." Sliding my hand down his abdomen, I felt the delicious shiver run through him. I slipped my hand into his pocket and though I felt the keys, I moved my fingers around, feeling him freeze. I pressed my lips to his neck and kissed the skin under his ear. He groaned, and I pulled the keys out, dangling them in front of his face.

The breath he had been holding left his lips in a whoosh and he shook his head. "Damn, baby," he whispered, taking the keys and unlocking the door, setting me down on my feet inside the foyer.

I put my hands on my hips. "What can I say, Miles? You bring out a new side of me."

He stepped toward me, and a low growl escaped his throat. "Let's go upstairs."

I gulped, and my insides turned to jelly.

"Okay."

Miles