Sixty - May 5, 2018

Rachel

When I heard the knock on my front door, I jumped up, running into the living room to answer it, nearly sliding down on the wood floor in my sock feet.

I flung open the door to see Miles standing there, looking so, so fine.

With the exception of those fucking socks and sandals.

"Um, excuse me?" I said, putting my hand on his chest to stop him from walking inside. "What the hell are you wearing?"

He grinned and winked at me. "Your favorite – socks with sandals!"

I wrinkled my nose. "Did you come over here for something in particular?"

He came into the living room, kicked the sandals across the room, and pulled the socks off as he walked.

"Yeah, actually, I did." He pulled me to him and lifted me up, my legs wrapping around his waist. He put his hands under my ass and planted kisses down my neck and onto my chest. He walked up the stairs, kissing me the whole way.

"Mmmm," I moaned, and he stopped kissing me. "Why'd you stop?" I whined.

He walked into my bedroom, shut and locked the door, and put me on the bed. "You're wearing too many clothes," he said, a crooked grin on his face.

"Oh, I am? Well, that's an easy fix," I said, pulling my shirt over my head and kicking my pajama pants and socks off onto the floor, leaving only my plain black satin bra and matching silk underwear.

His eyes roamed over my body and he growled hungrily, his eyelids heavy. "Yes." He pulled his shirt off over his head and pulled his shorts off, leaving them in a pile in the floor.

Our eyes met, each of us clearly craving the other. The past few hours had taken a lot out of both of us, and we were in desperate need of release.

"You're so goddamn beautiful," he whispered as he moved over me, kissing my neck, underneath my ear.

I ran my fingernails down his pecs and abdomen, leaving light scrape marks on his skin. He shivered tempestuously, and when my fingers slipped under the waist of his boxers, a guttural noise escaped his throat.

"Make love to me, Miles," I whispered. 

He brushed a blonde strand out of my eyes and kissed me again, pulling gently on the roots of my hair. I stretched my neck back, pulling against his grip.

"Making love to you is the greatest honor of my life, Rachel Mae Cross," he murmured, his eyes smoldering.

How did I ever get so lucky?

May 7, 2018 

Miles

As we filed into Ms. Johnson's class for AP Euro, my chest tightened when I realized today was the day we were supposed to get our scores. 

Just then, my computer dinged with the sound of a new email. I rushed over to check – I was expecting something that this class would be especially interested in.

After the bell rang and Ms. Johnson took attendance, she held up a paper. "I have your AP scores. I'll call you up one by one and tell you your score. Remember – a 3 or above guarantees college credit."

The class fell silent, waiting for their name to be called.

Damn... it's the moment of truth, I thought when it was my turn. I took a deep breath and Rachel grinned at me hopefully as I made my way to the front of the room.

Ms. Johnson looked at the list in front of her and then up at me, her eyes sparkling. I bit my lip and picked at the skin around my thumbnail. After the past few days, it was on the verge of bleeding.

"Miles... You got a 4," she said proudly.

"Seriously?" I asked. "You're kidding again, right?"

"Absolutely not. I wouldn't kid about that!" She patted my shoulder. "I'm so proud of you, Miles. You worked really hard for this."

I grinned. "Thank you, Ms. J," I said, running back to my desk to tell Rachel.

"Well?" she asked. "What did you get?"

I shrugged. "A 4... no big deal."

She beamed. "That's fantastic, baby!" She jumped up, hugging me tightly.

"Rachel?" Ms. Johnson called.

"You're up... go get that 5," I said, swatting her behind as she walked away.

"Whatever... you don't know that."

She walked up to Ms. J's desk and was back in an instant.

"Well?" I echoed her words.

"I got a 5," she said sheepishly, shrugging.

"Told you, genius."

Luke was quiet; Ms. J hadn't called his name yet. When she finally did, he trudged to her desk and was back in a moment.

"What did you get?" Rachel asked, and I hoped it would be something good. He deserved something positive after our shitshow of a weekend.

"A 4!" He exclaimed, sitting on the surface of his desk, facing us.

"Yas!" Rachel said, high-fiving him.

"Nice, bro... well, there's a college credit out of the way," I said, leaning back in my desk and putting my arms behind my head. "Maybe y'all will get your other scores back today too."

"I could do without AP Physics," Rachel muttered. "I think I may've blown that one."

Luke and I both scoffed. "You mean you might get a 4?" Luke teased.

"Shut up, Salazar," she snapped, but she was grinning.