The Development of In Sickness and In Love (Keep Beating)/Q&A

Hello, thanks for coming to check out this part. Here is where I'll share with you all some insider info of the ideas I had during the development of these stories.

First off, I would like to note that I am using several images in here that depict my characters, but since I can't draw, I used various dress-up doll games I could find to really design my character so I could better picture them in my head when I was writing them. All of these games I found on the website Rinmaru Games. With most of the games being by Rinmaru, and some of the gameart being by PrinceofRedRoses. I in no way shape or form claim the art or games as mine, just the characters in the images I made. 

http://www.rinmarugames.com/

 Now that you've read that, I can move on with the development. 

I tend to claim the anniversary of this series being in July, as I started developing it in July of 2014, but really that was just when I made Charlotte. I was watching T.V with my parents and an ad came on for a few T.V show called Red Band Society, and it was about kids who were sick and had to live in a hospital. I loved the idea of it, and before even watching the show, I made an OC for it, and thus Charlotte was born. 

She was Charlotte from the beginning, but she didn't have a last name until around September of that year. Of course since I had nothing to go off of from the show, but the trailer, I just kind of thought about what she would go through. I debated a lot of different illnesses she could have, but after a few days I decided she would have some sort of heart disease. 

As the hype from seeing the trailer died down though, and I fell into the groove of summer, and preparing for my last year of high school, I forgot about the show, and Charlotte. That was until I saw something else from the show. I was reminded of her, and thought "Hey, why not make like a nurse O.C. and she have some huge crush on him or something?"

 and she have some huge crush on him or something?"

(c) Rinmaru

Then, while fiddling around with one of the manga page creators on Rinmaru's site, I made these two characters, and they felt kind of Charlotte and her nurse crush like. It was then that Keyon was truly born, except as Justyn Thompson.

If that name sounds vaguely familiar, than you are correct. That is actually the name of the hospital that Charlotte is in. I decided the name sounded like it could be used as a hospital name, and I wanted this little piece to stay in the story. 

As you can see, they both looked so much different than they are now. Charlotte had short blonde hair and green eyes, while Justyn had black hair and brown eyes. But seeing them, like this, made me realize something. These two characters needed to be their own separate thing.

I completely scrapped the nurse idea, and the entire idea o Charlotte coming from a Red Band society fanfiction. But, the hospital did originally have a lot more teenagers, who were supposed to play a big part in it. Most of them were there in the original story (Keep Beating), but were later all scrapped for the rewrite, except for Samson and Reese. I had them not play as big a role in the original because I didn't want to give off too many Red Band society vibes.