A Sequel?

((I've boldfaced the important stuff if you're low on time))

So, something big happened to me recently. I changed my major from Elementary Education to Creative Writing. And in the two weeks I've been in the class, I feel like I've learned so much.

One of the things I realized... something big, is that I want to start working on my big major work. I want to start it, and I think I have the idea for it already. It was an idea I had years ago that I was like "Ey this is gonna be the thing that I'm gonna publish" and then I got stuck with it, and I decided that I didn't want to do it anymore. But now I'm older, I have more experience, and I think I can take it somewhere. 

The thing is, it's gonna take a while, and I still want to write for people, because that's what I love. Now, I've been trying to think of an idea. And I did publish that one, and I've tried to start chapter 1. And I've just lost interest. And the issue I'm having is getting attached to a new set of characters. And my mind, just goes back to Keyon and Charlotte.

So then I thought, well I could rewrite the original sequel I wrote. It is out of date, and the events that took place in this rewrite have changed it around a lot. But honestly I had no inspiration for that either.

Then, a few days ago, it hit me, and last night it practically ran over me.  Write a new sequel, and explore something I really haven't before with these characters. You see this story talks about at the very end, their relationship first starting, and the original sequel I wrote has them like 5 years into their relationship. 

So I want to take these characters to mere weeks, maybe a couple months, after "In Sickness and In Love". Charlotte and Keyon have just barely started dating. Keyon is getting used to the idea that he is dating someone a woman who is just 18, and is having concerns about the whole thing. Meanwhile, Charlotte is now adjusting back to life in High School, surrounded by judgement from her peers, and she's worried about their relationship too. I feel like it could work really well.

And of course there will be other factors in this too. I have already developed two new characters for this story. I'm really excited to get working on it. I've missed writing these two so much.

Depending on how school goes, I should have more of an update by next weekend, and maybe some other stuff plotted out. Thanks for reading, and have a great day my lovely readers.