Coffee and Rings-5

I wasn't surprised they would to this, trash our rooms when we weren't there. Bunch of cowards. This war had been going on for centuries. The Blacks have gained numbers while we, Protectors, remained six. Not like we have a choice, really.

At first, we lived in peace. All was normal except the fact that the selected six people die then come alive with powers and the Blacks being born with powers. There were no problems until Vanishqe Black, one of the most powerful, fell into the cruel hands of evil. He wanted to rule the world. According to him, humans were weaklings. He didn't want to live in fear of the humans finding out about us and our powers.

He invited us to join his 'quest' which we refused. The people who wanted to reveal our powers backed off once they found out about him wanting to have control over humans.

He was angry. He felt betrayed. He wanted revenge.

He began with destroying properties and blaming them on the Protectors. Ofcourse, the rest of the Blacks being the loyal beings believed him. He started with small things like theft of goats and other animals but later started doing things major like setting houses on fire.

The Blacks slowly started getting angered. They didn't care if he wanted to have humans under him. All they knew was, we destroyed their houses, we killed their families and Vanishqe Black gave them a chance to take revenge on us.

And thus began the conflict between the Protectors and Blacks.

I blinked out of my reverie to see John standing in the same spot for quite a long time. I looked at him, curious as of to what he was looking at. I didn't need to ask him what the matter was though.

"Jacob Black."

I stilled. Jacob Black. How could I forget him, afterall he was the one gifted with the ability to remove people's memories. In this case, my memory. My family. My friends. My past. My life.

Many people wish there was a time machine. When it comes to me though, I don't want a time machine to ever be invented. People want that so that they can change the mistakes they did in the past. But what they don't think about is, if they can change the bad memories, then so can they change the happy memories.

Memory.

A six letter, three syllable word which holds so many meanings. It doesn't look like much, but in reality you would be nothing without memories.They mold us to who we are today. I am not sure if it a good thing or a bad one. All I know is you are only a shell of a person you once were without memories. They make small things look big. The change in people is inevitable, and feelings change with them. But memories will forever stay the same. They can't be grasped with the most pure and powerful hands or even the ugly and evil claws - they are frozen in time.

Untouched.

Innocent.

Pure.

And I was memoryless. I felt hollow. I was just a nut of a person I once was.

Memories which made you smile will forever be engraved in your heart while the memories which made you shed tears will remain scarred. Still they make you strong and give you hope. Hope to dream of a better future with your loved ones or alone if you prefer to be; you have a choice. 

I never had one. I lived in solitary. It was like I had walls built around my heart. Like the relationship I had with the ones in my past stood tall and strong like towers and now that I didn't have them, the light went off but the towers stayed still like ice cold stones, acting like a barrier between the world and me. It may look an innocent pale blue, inviting, drawing you in to them like a bubbly, cheery colour but once you get inside it will freeze your heart, taint your soul and break your mind. I was shattered.