Chapter 3

Kurt's POV

I stared up at Smythe, fuming. How dare that stupid little meerkat show his face after ten years! I thought.

Blaine's POV

I can't believe it. Sebastian's here. Alive. But, why did Iris call him Barry? Shaking my head, I took "Barry's" hand in a handshake. "Hi, 'Barry" I'm Blaine, and this is my husband, Kurt," I said, deciding to go along with his game. I gave him a look that I hope said 'we need to talk'. I suppose Sebastian understood the look and subtly nodded his head, and action I read as 'later'.

"Okay!" Iris exclaimed, "now that that's done, how about you guys get acquainted as I get us some refills and you some coffee?" As she said the last part, she playfully shoved Sebastian with her shoulder as he pecked her lips. Kurt seemed to be broken out of his trance of glaring at Seb and looked up at Iris. Sebastian, Kurt, and I smiled at her as she took our mugs (but Seb looked at her with a love struck face) and headed towards the long line.

"What in the freaking heck are you doing here, Smythe?" Kurt asked once Iris was out of earshot. "And what's up with all this 'Barry' crap?"

The man in question sighed, raking a hand through his already messy hair. "First of all, hey Blaine, Kurt long time no see." Kurt and I scoffed, at that. After ten years of completely no contact, all he has to say is, hey?!" I voiced out that thought in an angry whisper. He raised up his arms in a "I surrender" motion. He sighed once again as he slouched against the back of his seat. Kurt raised an eyebrow at him, and Sebastian said, "right, an explanation. I don't really want to go into heavy detail, since I know everyone will be asking me at the reunion, but—"

"— you're going to the reunion today?" I asked, cutting him off. Kurt glared at me, and I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly. "Right," I said, "uh, continue."

"Anyway," Sebastian said, "I'll just give you the basics. I was born under the name 'Bartholomew Henry Allen' but a family incident caused me to be adopted by my Aunt Bethonie and Uncle Noah." My eyes widened at the familiar names of who Sebastian, or Barry, called his parents during high school. "Long story short, I was an a**hole in high school to protect myself under my adoptive name of Sebastian Smythe, but once I got to college, I changed my name back to Barry Allen. I got caught up in my life that I didn't keep in touch with anyone, though there was also the part that I just wanted to forget my high school years as the school bully. I may have cut myself off from my life as Sebastian Smythe, but I'm not clueless in what happened to you guys and the rest of your glee club. Congrats on the marriage by the way." Kurt and I were once again shocked. Never have I ever thought that Sebastian Smythe can hold such a civil conversation, especially if my husband is involved. I fidgeted (A/N oh here's that word again) in my seat as another awkward silence fell over us. I looked behind me to see where Iris was in the line. She seemed to be only half way through the line. Wow, I thought, that's a pretty long line.

As I turned back around, the most obvious question hit me. I looked at Seb- no- Barry and asked, "Wait, Sebastian-Bas- Barry I thought you're gay?" He sighed and muttered something so softly to himself that I didn't catch it. He looked up at Kurt and me with a look between amusement and something else I couldn't place (I can't think of anything). Sebastian ran a hand through his already windswept hair. He laughed and said, "I'm not," as he looked directly at Kurt, as if he was gauging my husband's reaction. I scoffed my disbelief. He was straight all along?

Suddenly, Kurt spoke in his sickly-sweet female dog (<— Oooh here's that word!) tone, "So you're telling me that you were trying to break us up as a joke?!" His voice ended in a harsh whisper to avoid attracting unwanted attention. Because come on, we're famous, and people love celebrity drama. Sebastian's face quickly took an apologetic look as he nodded, "Yeah, sorry about that. It was high school and I was trying to separate my Sebastian Smythe persona from Barry Allen. I didn't want those stupid fugly neanderthals to find me and make my life a living hell once again." I openly gaped at Sebastian at his revelation. He was bullied? Why? Sebastian Smythe was the most confident and arrogant butthole I knew in high school. Practically every bar in Ohio knew who he was; or rather whoever he was according to his fake ID(s).

"Hey guys!" Iris happily exclaimed, finally coming back with all four coffees, setting down the drinks to its respective consumer(?). "It sure looks like you guys are getting along." Iris sat down as I looked at Kurt. He cleared his throat and nodded with a forced smile. Barry smiled at his apparent wife as he picks up his coffee with one hand, his other arm wrapping around Iris' shoulders. We stayed in the coffee shop, just making small talk and getting to know Iris and Barry. After about an hour, Barry's phone suddenly vibrated with a phone call. He answered his phone as we looked at him. "Yes. Yes, Sir. I, uh... no... Yes, Captain, I'll be there as fast as I can. Where is it again?... Oh, that gas station?... I'm already at Jitters, but I don't have my equipment... Oh, Joe has it? Ok I'll be there in shortly." Kurt and I just sat there in shock as Barry stood with his coffee.

"What was that about?" Kurt asked. Barry pressed a kiss to Iris' temple as he pushed in his seat.

He forced a smile, "It was work. There was a minor robbery at a gas station a few blocks away. I have to head on over and take a look at it." He nodded at Iris who told him to be safe before heading towards the exit.

After he was out the door, I stood, excusing myself for a moment and caught up to Barry. "Seb... Barry, my number is the same, just so you know. If you feel like texting me for whatever reason, do it." Barry smiled as I joked, "At least Kurt won't have to worry about you trying to steal me from him." We both chuckled and I pulled him into a friendly man-hug. "See you tonight, and stay safe Sebastian. If I find out that you're hurt only a little bit, I'm going to do a Santana and go all Lima Heights on both you and what or whoever hurt you. We just found you again and no matter how much of a jerk and butthole you were in high school, we still care about you. To some extent, but care about you nonetheless. You still owe me that tour by the way (I forgot to add this part. Thanks radioactive_sarcasm)." He patted my back before jogging off towards where I guess the gas station was. I went back into Jitters to see Iris and Kurt looking at me curiously. "What?" I asked. "I just told him it was nice to see him and I hope he stays safe. And that he still owes us that tour." 

Iris stayed a little longer with us before she too had to leave. As she left, she told us, "I'll tell Barry to give you guys the tour before the reunion. He won't have anymore excuses. I'll have our friends cover for whatever work related excuses he would have." We smiled at her and said our goodbyes and 'see you laters' as we waved.

I turned to look at Kurt and said, "I think it's time we actually have some rest before the tour and reunion, huh?" He nodded as he leant over and pecked my lips. We went back to our car and soon found ourselves laying on the bed, our limbs wrapped comfortably around each other. Oh, I  just can't wait for tonight. 

********

A/N OOF! It took me soooo long to write this, sorry! Thanks, bye, and review. Please suggest anything you want to see in this (that fits the "plot" that I have going on. In other words, if you think of something that would probably fit into the story, please suggest) BYE!