Chapter Ten

Michael Pov...

My blood is boiling with rage and disappointment. I pace back and forth through my office. I don't know what makes me more upset. She went out with him after seeing how Alex talked to me in the meeting room. Or the fact that I didn't embarrass her enough. Obviously, not enough. Suppose she can have the time to go on a date with this idiot.

I can even imagine what they're talking about right now about me. Alex told her to quit working for me and work for him. Well, no kidding. He'll be able to have her cheap ass easier.

It's disgusted me so much when I see how Alex looks at her. You can see the sparks coming out of his eyes, forming a heart shape, every time he looks at her. And it makes me so frustrated and angry.

The minutes I hear the throbbing of my veins. I walk into my view and check down, hoping to see her coming from her lunch. Nothing. I run my hand into my hair.

Suppose Alex thinks getting her out of my grip will be that easy. Then, he's crazier than I thought.

I'll be the only one to release her under my firm grip. And if I don't, make her pay twice for slapping and saying I had a vagina under my penis. Then my name isn't Michael.

I remembered wanting to hold her for a moment to prevent her fall. But it was too fast, and I couldn't. I mean, I want to humiliate her, not to make her injure herself. She was so humiliated that my heart aches for her. But, it's a payback.

That's how I felt when she slapped me. So, I don't know why I feel guilty about doing the same thing.

If she doesn't walk into my office in two more minutes, I'll track her down and fire her. I don't know why I'm so mad she's out with Alex.

I mean, she has no common sense. Alex is my competitor, and she's my employer. How can she think going with him is a good idea? How?

I walk into the elevator to ask Abby if she knows where she went for lunch.

Yes, I can call her. But I prefer to go so that she can see my face.

The moment the bing from the elevator announces my arrival. Everyone on the first floor is looking at me. Fears conceal their typical glare.

Some of them, who weren't where they were supposed to be, ran to their post.

When Abby discerns my presence, her whole being falls into despair. No wonder she's trembling. I yelled so much at her this morning that I still have a headache.

She was slacking behind her desk for a moment in a lazy way. But when she sees me. She rapidly fixes her posture into a meeting more professional one. I angrily amble into her desk.

"Where the hell is she?" I shout. Not too loud.

She looks around as if she is searching for Miss Laurent. She opens her mouth to say something but cannot form a sentence.

I look at her for a moment, exhaling. I decided to give her a break. It's not her fault my assistant is such an idiot.

As I take the first step toward the elevator, I hear someone say. They have a bouquet for Laurent.

Angry at who is sending her flowers, I walk back at the man.

"If you can sign here, please." The man says, handing the thing to sign. I take the flower and leave the item for Abby to sign.

I toss the flower on Abby's desk after taking the card hanging onto it.

As I read the card, I felt my tension rise, the card reads.

Hello to my beautiful princess. I hope your day is going great. On your way tonight, go to your favorite restaurant. I'll wait for you. I love you, princess.

I want to hit something, beautiful princess. I love you. What kind of idiotic is going on?

I rapidly put the card down when I saw her reflection coming in the glass revolving door. She rewarded a smile to a man who waved at her.

She tucks a falling hair behind her ears. Her eyes focused on the man talking to her. She laughs, shaking her head. That isn't Alex. She's flirting with another man. What kind of girl is she?

When she sees me, her eyes open widely. She halts in the step she's taking. Anyone's eyes are on her. Her face is begging, praying that I won't make a scene. That's my company. If I want to make a scene, I will make a scene.

When she gets near Abby's desk, she attempts to walk straight to the elevator—ignoring my glare. But Abby says.

"You have a bouquet." She looks at Abby and then at me.

Signing, she walks past me, taking the bouquet. She reads the note. A sweet smile touches the corner of her lip.

And my heart sinks. It hurts to see her smiling. I don't know why. But it does.

"This is not your house. How can you give someone a company address to send you a romantic thing? Do you think that's appropriate?" I shout.

I didn't intend to shout. But I did. I don't even know why I am shouting. Usually, I shout willingly. But right now is not one of them. I'm angry for no reason.

"Sir, I did..."

"You're an idiot, incompetent, self-centered, and a pathetic girl who throws herself to men with money, and you make me go crazy." I once again shout. Damn it.

She looks at everyone, and so does I. All of them are standing there, watching me. Forget why they're here in the first place.

"Alex is my competitor. How stupid can you be to think it's a good idea to let him screw you like that? He's a worthless piece of crap. He doesn't want you. You're just another one of his playthings." I say. And everyone in the lobby gasped.

She opens her mouth to say something. Her eyes are burning with rage. Instead, she closes her eyes before walking past me, leaving me planted in the lobby.

When I hear the elevator open, the guilt takes over me—pushing me to walk into the elevator and apologize.

Until I hear angry footsteps coming behind me.

Mr. Wright is going down... Chapter ten, y'all.

Tell me what y'all think in the comment below.

Don't forget to VSAC.

Vote, Share and Comment.