Chapter Eleven

Viviana's Pov

I had the best time at the restaurant with Alex. He's hilarious, sweet, respectful, and charming. Charming. He's like a modern man with an ancient soul. He makes me laugh so hard in the restaurant. At one point, I had to excuse myself to run to the restroom.

I have this thing when I laugh too much. I'll pee on myself.

After being humiliated by Mr. Wright, I didn't even know if I could have a good time at the restaurant with Alex. But surprisingly, I did. Perhaps I shouldn't worry about Wright like he's my father too much.

I should stop worrying about how he sees me. I don't care about him. He's my boss. Not my friend. Not my family. So there's no need for his opinion and mean comments to affect me.

After we finish eating, Alex drops me off. And went back to work.

On my way to Wright's company, this cute man asks me if I want to go out with him. He says he'll treat me like a queen. I smile and shake my head no.

I tuck the loose hair falling to my face, entering the revolving door.

My sight is focused on the man talking to me, that I don't even see Wright standing in front of Abby's desk.

When my eyes stumble on him, my heart skips a beat. There's this feeling again. He makes me so uncomfortable in my skin. His glance holds disgust. At one point, his glance made me feel disgusted at myself.

I halted at the step I was going to take. I want to run out. Right now, I wish they had traveled back in time machine. I swallow. There are too many people in the lobby watching for me to go back out.

Not to mention, his eyes are burning me, pleading with me not to go back out.

I take a deep breath to turn invisible. With my eyes glued on the floor, I walk past Abby's desk.

I don't even smile at Abby. Not daring to look at him, I walk straight to the elevator until Abby's voice pulls me back. If I have a habit of cussing. I would do it right now. But I sigh and walk past him to get to Abby.

I can feel his glare on me. Watching my every step. Anxious, I take the bouquet and open the card in it.

I cannot prevent the smile from reaching the corner of my mouth. Instead, I battle the urge to sob.

"This is not your house. How can you give someone a company address to send you a romantic thing? Do you think that's appropriate?" I jump at his shouting.

What's his problem? Does he swear to humiliate me every time? There are so many people watching us for him to make a scene. And more importantly, why is he casting me as the poor, humiliated punching bag?

Why does he hate me so much? I don't feel the need to say something. But I want him to stop yelling at me in front of everyone. Like I'm his child, so I decide to defend myself. To tell him how this person got my workplace address.

"Sir, I did..." I try to talk to him.

But he shouts at me louder this time. The anger, the disgust, and the hate are apparent to everyone.

"You're an idiot, incompetent, self-centered, and a pathetic girl who throws herself to men with money and you make me go crazy." I close my eyes.

I am praying for the pain of his words to go away. I don't care about his comments. I'm saying to myself.

I look at everyone standing in line, witnessing poor me getting humiliated. I can see the pities in their eyes. Abby telling me, sorry with her glare.