Chapter Seventy-Five

Viviana POV...

Two days since I've been in Michael's hotel room. He never, not one second try anything to sleep with me. He never even touched me in this way, which got me thinking that we're really over. What I don't understand is why he's still here? I know he has really important meetings and business deals he has to prepare for. But, he's here with me. Helping my family like they're also his family. I don't understand. I'm confused. Because God knows I love having him here.

"Just so know, there's more soup. Anyway, I'm going to get the mop and clean that up before I go get you more soup." He says. He's not mad. He hasn't been mad at anything I do. I yelled at him, I cursed him. He's still here. Why?

Annoy. I walk in the bedroom to look at my eyes. They're really bad. Tomorrow is the funeral, I can't miss it. I'll miss the wake tonight but not the funeral. I'll have to wear sunglasses though. I pull my messy hair into a bun.

I pass by him to go lay down on the bed. His burning glare is on me. But, I ignore it. I extend my hand to take the bottle of pills on my nightstand. I'll have to drink two or three of them. Or I won't sleep tonight.

"Viviana I don't think that's a good idea to drink this pill. I think you're allergic to them." He says while he's stirring my soup.

"I need to sleep tonight so, I don't have a choice." I open the bottle.

"I guess but..." He begins his sentence that I interrupt.

"What are you doing here? Why are you here?" I shout at him. He chuckles.

"What? What are you mean?" He asks.

"I mean what are you doing here? We've been over since weeks ago, and I don't want to go back to sleeping with you anymore. So, why are you here?" I sit up straight.

"What? You really think I'm here because of what? I want you to sleep with me. Really? Are you serious? Viviana, do you know how many important meeting I had to postpone and you think I'm here for some ass. Oh, come on." He places the bowl of soup on the nightstand.

"I don't know, okay? Then why are you here? Why did you postpone all of these important meetings? Why?" I ask him. He looks at me for a minute.

"Because_cause we're friends." He says.

"Really? You and I both know we're not friends." I answer.

"Why not? Look I like you. I'll prefer the hurt of not sleeping with you over the hurt of not being your friend. I want to know you more like friends, okay? Someone you can count on. Or I don't know, whatever friends do for each other." He says.

My throat clinches the minutes I push down the need to cry, shout.

"Thank you." That's all I can think of to say. I don't want to fight with him. Not today. I put the pills back in the bottle. He's trying really hard to push down whatever he wants to say deep down.

"What?" I sit up straight in the bed looking at him. His smile brings one to the corner of my lip.

The chuckle escapes his mouth makes my brow furrow. He unbuttons his suit, he walks to my bed. He sits at the foot of the bed. He reaches to me, he takes my hand into his. I place the other hand under my chin looking at him.