2

A small gasp emitted from Hilaria as she shot up in a sitting position, her raven black hair fanning her face as her bright blue eyes frantically searched the tent she had been sleeping in, only to let out a slow breath as she calmed herself, her hands tightly clutching the blanket that covered her legs. Letting out another slow breath, she slowly released her hold, looking toward the entrance of the tent, seeing the soft brightness of the day, telling her that the sun was rising, but it was still early in the morning. Aslan hadn't been in his bed, which told her that he had been doing his morning patrol, allowing Hilaria to get up from her bed and change out of her nightdress into one more fitting for the day, sitting on the stool and brushing out her raven black hair.

The entrance to the tent opened, Aslan walking in, noticing that Hilaria was absentmindedly brushing her hair while looking at the floor and not noticing that he had walked in.

"What it troubling you, child?" He asked, walking in her direction, seeing her flinch slightly in surprise "forgive me for startling you"

". . . I had that dream again" she answered, setting her hairbrush down "about that day . . ."

"The day I brought you home" he finished, earning a small nod

"It is the sixth night in a row that it's happened" she said, keeping her gaze to the floor

"I know, young one" Aslan said, sitting in front of her "just as I also know that you haven't been sleeping well either, and not just because of the dreams"

"Every time I close my eyes, I see them" she replied, her bright blue eyes connecting with his soft amber "knowing they almost killed me that day, if it wasn't for you I would be . . ."

"What I did was not only restore your life that they had tried to take away" he began "but to give you a new life, one where you become who were meant to be"

"You've told me that since I had woken up that day" she said with a small smile

"And every day you grow into whom you were meant to be, Hilaria" he added with a smile of his own

This caused her smile to grow slightly, raising a hand and softly scratching the back of Aslan's ear, which caused a purr to emit from the great lion, a soft laugh escaping Hilaria, lowering her hand back to her lap,

"Come" Aslan said "you'll be late for your training"

"But . . . " She trailed off in confusion "I don't have-"

"With me" he finished

An excited smile slowly formed on her lips, both of them standing and making their way out of the tent, Hilaria followed Aslan to the field where only the two of them trained, that way she had no distractions, especially when it came to this.

"Concentrate" Aslan instructed as he slowly circled her "feel the grass beneath your feet, the breeze against your skin" seeing her close her eyes "invision your feline in your mind, hold on to it, will yourself to change"

She wanted a strong feline, much like Aslan, but she wanted to be different from the great lion, the image of a white tigress filling her mind, which cased her to hold on to that image with all her might, suddenly feeling her body beginning to tingle. Hilaria refused to open her eyes, especially when she had been forced on all fours, a low, animalistic growl emitting from her,

"Open your eyes, Hilaria" Aslan instructed

The young child did as said, the first thing she noticed was that she was nearly at eye level with Aslan, knowing all too well that she was shifted,

"Your power is like no other" he continued "you have the power to return life, and to take it away. The power of a sorceress, Hilaria, one who will do many great things in the future"