23

Time passed slowly for Hilaria since Caspian left on his voyage, she's missed him every day, but kept herself busy with her duties as Supreme Sorceress and Healer of Narnia, curing the occasional sickness, healing severe wounds, making her potions and elixirs, flying with Rogan when she needed to get away. Since Caspian had been gone, Hilaria missed him dearly, wishing to see him again, but she knew her duties were in the castle and aiding as many Narnians as she could, which is what she was doing right now. There was an injured centaur who had an arrow in his leg because of an accidental mishap during training, who also received a scolding from the sorceress, as well as the one who fired the arrow.

"Promise me you'll be more careful" Hilaria said as she packed up her things "the next time you begin training your children to become warriors, please let them get comfortable with a weapon of their choosing and let them become stronger before you push them"

"Yes, Supreme Sorceress" the male centaur replied, lowering his head

"And for you" she continued, looking at the female centaur child "try not to push yourself too much next time. I know you just want to do what you can to make your family proud, I understand that because I was the same way" holding out a blue vial to the mother "apply this to her hands twice a day until the blisters are gone, once in the morning and once at night, it won't hurt a bit"

"How can we ever repay you?" The mother asked, gently taking the vial

"There has to be some way" the once injured father added

"There is no need for that" Hilaria replied, standing for her crouched position "now, if you'll excuse me, I should get a head start before the sun sets"

"Thank you, Supreme Sorceress" the child said with a shy smile

"You are very welcome" she replied with a kind smile

Bidding their goodbyes, Hilaria turned around and began to make her way back to the castle, adjusting the strap to her bag, smiling to herself as she heard the mother scold her husband. It was a normal day for her in Narnia, tucking a lock of her ombre hair behind her ear, nothing about Hilaria had changed over the three years after the Telmarine war, her hair was the same blue and black ombre, always keeping her crown on her head at all times so that everyone knew who she was, even though they didn't need a crown for that, everyone knew who she was just by the sight of her.

After some time of walking, Hilaria finally made it to the bridge where she could safely cross the river, a small sigh emitted from her as her bare feet softly padded against the slightly rough wood. Since the bridge had once been destroyed by the River God, Caspian ordered it to be rebuilt so that other Narnians can safely return home, which also made it easy for Hilaria to heal then when needed. One may be wondering why Hilaria wasn't riding to and from, that day was a beautiful day and she felt the need to walk. When she was halfway across the bridge, Hilaria slowed her pace as she noticed the waters of the river beginning act strange, but not as strange as when the god had woken.

Some of the river tried to push itself the other way, in the direction of Hilaria, who backed up when a wall of water formed in front of her, only to have her back get wet, causing her to whip around, seeing another wall of water. Hilaria was suddenly knocked off the bridge, happening so fast that she wasn't able to use her power to defend herself against it, her body falling in the cool water, trying her best to swim, only to struggle at the force. To her, the river felt like it was getting deeper, the water strangely getting colder against her exposed skin, feeling like she made a mistake with her choice of dress that day because it was almost as if it were dragging her further down.

Hilaria needed to breath, swimming up to the surface as quick as she could, but the dress had been making that difficult as well because of the fabric around her legs and feet, silently cursing at herself for liking floor length dresses. She sucked in a much needed breath as soon as her head broke the surface, a small pain shooting through her head as her brain finally received the oxygen it needed, Hilaria coughing slightly as she stayed afloat. Looking around, she no longer saw the bridge she was crossing, or the trees and river, seeing more than just that, nothing but crystal blue ocean that surrounded her.