32

With the Dawn Treader stocked with plenty of food for it's passengers, they made their way home, and as snug as the ship may have been, they stopped at the the Port of Narrowhaven to bring the others home, who were very happy to be back, before setting sail once more. Caspian and Hilaria were always found together after he had announced his proposal to the crew, who shouted happily for the couple, which also caused Hilaria's cheeks to grow red quite a bit, which Caspian found cute. While on the way home, the two of them talked about the plans for their wedding, and they knew that there was going to be a lot of people there.

Since the two of them were no longer needed, the destination of the Dawn Treader dead set on heading home, Caspian and Hilaria had lounged around, adding to the fact that Lucy, Edmund, Eustace and Reepicheep were no longer there, Caspian was extra possessive of Hilaria, not that she minded. In fact, she actually found it cute. Aslan was happy for the two and had given them his blessing, even suggesting that he create her wedding dress, which Hilaria couldn't help but agree to, and even he would officiate the wedding, but she knew it wasn't going to be the same without the Pevensie siblings there.

Hilaria let out a small sigh through her nose, leaning forward against the front of the ship, the wind softly flowing through her black and blue ombre locks, Rogan flying overhead to streatch his wings and to make sure his master was safe. The sun was high in the sky and warming her skin, Caspian speaking with Drinian over a small matter that didn't need her attention, a soft smile forming on her lips as she looked down at her engagement ring, the blue sapphire stone was as deep as her eyes, the diamonds glistening in the sunlight. She had never expected to actually get engaged, but she was happy that it was Caspian who wanted her as his wife and queen to rule by his side, a true honor for her.

Add to the fact that she also wasn't expecting to become who she is now, life seems to find a way. With everything that's happened in her life, she certainly never expected this, to fall in love with a Telmarine prince and to actually get a 'happy ever after' but she was glad it was Caspian that captured her heart, just as he was glad it was Hilaria who stole his. He watched her from where he had been talking with Drinian, a small smile forming on his lips, his arms crossed offer his chest as he leaned against the banister, considering himself lucky to have a woman such as her, not because of the power she holds or because of her lineage.

Caspian let out a small sigh through his nose, pushing off the banister and walking over to Hilaria, wrapping his arms around her from behind as he placed his chin on her shoulder, just holding her, as if she felt like a dream and would disappear if he were to let go. Hilaria giggled softly at the feeling of his scruffy facial hair tickling her soft skin, which caused him to grin slightly and rub his chin against her shoulder, chuckling when more giggles emitted from her.

"We're almost home, my love" he assured "our arrival should be noon tomorrow. And soon, you will be my wedded wife, and all of Narnia is going to know how lucky I am, just as our future children"

"How many?" Hilaria asked softly, placing one of her hands over his "children, I mean"

"I would like at least two" he replied honestly "three at the most"

"And I would like at least three" she countered "four at the most"

"Maybe we can come to an agreement?" He asked teasingly

"The agreement is four at the most" she replied playfully "you're not the one who has to birth them"

This earned a soft chuckle from Caspian, Hilaria able to feel his chest vibrate as he did, which caused her to smile slightly and lean back in his embrace, feeling his arms gently tightening around her waist,

"Why did you no longer need the necklace?" Caspian asked curiously

"Father had given it to me to help center my power," she replied "it was never there to control it. One would assume that's what prevented me from gaining more power from other forms of nature, like water for instance" letting out a small sigh "I was never able to before, and now I will no longer be weak if I am off solid ground for a certain amount of time"