11

The night sky was beautiful, stars shining bright, almost as if it were peaceful in Narnia. In the Telmarine castle, Prunaprismia had been screaming, being that she had been in labour for quite some time, and as painful as it is for her, she had managed to bring a new life into the world, letting out a sigh in relief as she heard the sound of her baby's cry. General Glozelle walks outside to where Lord Miraz is looking out the window.

"Lord Miraz," he said, gaining his Lord's attention "you have a son"

"The heavens have blessed us." Lord Miraz said in relief, looking at Glozelle ". . . you know your orders, General Glozelle"

"Yes, my lord" he replied, giving him a nod

A Telmarine soldier paces the hallway, on guard, while a cloaked figure quietly sneaks in a room, pulling the drapes away, and puts his hand over Prince Caspian's mouth. At this sudden touch, Caspian awakens, startled, looks up to see that it's Doctor Cornelius, causing him to relax back in his bed,

"Five more minutes" Caspian said tiredly, laying his head back down on his pillow

"You won't be watching the stars tonight, my prince" doctor Cornelius replied, knowing what needs to be done "come, you must hurry."

Cornelius pulls Caspian out of bed and to a wardrobe in the corner of the room.

"Professor, what is going on?" Caspian asked him

"Your aunt has given birth" Cornelius replied, beginning to pack some things ". . . to a son"

Doctor Cornelius steps into the wardrobe, and Caspian follows, only to leave the door open a crack, looking out, knowing that people won't be able to see him. He watches as Glozelle and his men surround Caspian's bed, and begin firing arrows, until they see that the bed is empty. Caspian's eyes widen, turning around and following his professor, racing down a winding stairway, the castle itself holding many secret passageways, some only a select few know about. Caspian finds a sword, gets onto his horse, Destier.

"You must make for the woods" Cornelius said to him

"The woods?" Caspian asked as his horse was being led to the entrance of the stable

"They won't follow you there." He replied, handing him a wrapped object to "it has taken me many years to find it. Do not use it except at your greatest need"

"Will I ever see you again?" He Caspian asked, taking the object

"I hope so, my dear prince. There is so much I meant to tell you. Everything you know is about to change" hearing something "now go! You must look for the Supreme Sorceress, she will help you, put your trust in her and she will do the same!"

Caspian rides away as Doctor Cornelius looks on, knowing that he did what needed to be done. Caspian rode through the courtyard and knocks over a soldier along the way, crosses the bridge and making his way to the woods, looking back, he saw fireworks going up, either celebrating Lord Miraz's new born son, or notifying the Telmarines that Caspian had escaped. Telmarine soldiers on cavalry pursue Caspian, who rides into the woods, Glozelle enters, but the others hesitate, staring up at the trees knowing what lurks within them, but at the same time, not knowing, Glozelle rides back to them.

"Which of you superstitious old women would like to spend the night in a cell?" Glozelle threatened

The soldiers looked at one another, all enter the woods. Caspian safely crosses a river, but when the soldiers cross, one of them is washed away by the currents, Caspian glanced back, looking to see if they had still been following him, but strangely enough, he doesn't seem to see them. When he looks forward, however, he sees a branch- too late- he's knocked off his horse and dragged, struggling to get himself loose, the dried sticks scratching at his back as he was dragged by his horse. Eventually, Caspian managed to get his foot out of the stirrup, his breathing slightly heavy as his horse gallops off further into the woods, causing Caspian to lay there, head on the floor, doing his best to get his bearings, letting out a few small coughs, then pushing himself up.