Chapter 16

Isabella's smile seemed to grow cold when she saw her mother who wore a mask of a charming smile. She was a beauty like her daughter, but unfortunately for her old age seemed to be catching up with her.

Her hair had began to whiten even though she tried to hide it she still noticed.

Her mother was a trophy wife, it was an arranged marriage and her father was never in love with her though she might like to think so. However, her father was a good man so he didn't have any other relationships and performed his duties on his matrimonial bed.

Fortunately she also remained faithful to him, but she was petty and superficial.

Her father had put up with it, buying her anything she wished for, but not really caring about her.

She had made herself an ornament attached to her father.

"Isabella, how nice of you to join us." Ferdinand welcomed her with a sweet smile to reassure her that he was there for her.

Isabella found a new kind of courage and decided to hold her head high no matter how ashamed she was.

Her mother's smile vanished as she decided to ask Isabella "why are you here?"

Isabella didn't know how to answer, despite her mother's lax discipline she wouldn't tolerate anything that would stain her reputation. "Why does everyone tell me my daughter has become a whore?" She asked again with cold eyes. "Who taught you to open your legs to men you stupid girl?"

Isabella grit her teeth, she wasn't a whore! She had only slept with one person because she had assume he loved her. Come to think of it, he had never actually told her 'I love you', she had just assumed he did.

Realising this she began to feel tears in her eyes, it hurt like a wound reopening. She fell for him, and she fell hard.

That was her mistake.

"Come let's go home, your father has been worried sick." Her mother spoke again, Isabella nodded.

"Why did you become such a prostitute? Do you really not understand your position in society?" Her mother asked again.

"I'm not a whore." Isabella said in a whisper. Her mother's eyes shot a glare at her.

"What did you say?"

Isabella clenched her fists. "I said I'm not a whore!"

Her mother had then raised her hand to slap the girl. Isabella closed her eyes in expectation of the slap that never came. Her eyes peered open to see Ferdinand holding her mother's hand.

"She's not a whore mother in law."

What?

.

Regina didn't expect that the city would be bang In the middle of the dry and desolate dragon lands. She was pleasantly shocked as she definitely didn't  expect dragons to be capable of such things. The city was magnificent, beautiful with emeralds everywhere which she guessed was their symbol. Such a magnificent place hidden in such a plain environment.

They were superior  to humans. 

The baby in Regina's  arms saw her awe filled eyes and found himself confused. What was so interesting about such low grade structures? Had she not seen the underworld? His minions we're obviously  better builders than the dragon race. 

"This is amazing!" Solomon  exclaimed also taken by the enchanting beauty of the city. 

Esther was naturally happy with the reactions. "Welcome  to our kingdom...  There aren't many dragons on earth compared to the humans so the dragon race has only four branches.  In the south, east,  north and here.  We are the earth elemental dragons, the  south are fire,  north are water and east air." Esther explained as they approached the huge gates.