Chapter 18

Ferdinand coughed violently, he'd been having bizarre coughing fits but today was the first day he had ever coughed up blood.

He frowned slightly.

"Your highness, is everything alright?"

He stopped as he turned to his butler who held out a glass of water for him.

He took the glass and gulped it down, today was his wedding day, he wasn't willing to let such a minor thing spoil his mood.

"I'm fine, let's go and meet our crowned princess."

.

The night was peaceful and quiet, the cool breeze blue picking up the faint scent of life.

Regina sat watching the night sky with an expressionless face, the breeze pulling her her gently.  This world was truly beautiful she thought as she saw the small white stars in the sky. 

She let out a slow exhausted  sigh and was unexpectedly engulfed in a hug.  She jerked and swiftly  turned around to see who had hugged her, why didn't she notice his presence? Was she really that weak?

Her eyes widened as she saw who it was.  "Jeremiah? " she asked unsure.  What was he doing here?  Was the little kid with him?

"Good,  I was worried that with more handsome boys by your side you would forget me." She smiled, as a foreign memory flashed in her mind.

<<
"I was worried that with more handsome boys by your side you would forget Little old me."

The little girl smiled broadly, "not true big brother!"
<<

Her pupils widened, that wasn't Regina's memory, it was hers, but the boy was wearing long tunics so he was definitely not from her past life.

What is going on?

"Did you actually fall in love with them?" He asked again in a more panicked tone as she spaced out.

"I can't really forget my fiance now can I? " she said turning her attention back to him.

"There's nothing interesting about me that sticks me to your memories.  I'm not always by your side and I've only met you once.  You don't even havd any feelings for me, not even a tiny bit."

Regina was at lost for words. "How do you know? " she asked slightly hurt,

"Hah?"

Well that was a stupid and embarrassing question.

He looked into her emerald eyes and leaned in.  Tilting his head he kissed her cheek and looked at her for any sign of reaction, she really should've kept her mouth shut.

She was completely frozen.  Regina had never been intimate with men in her past life so she didn't know what to do, unfortunately her heart was beating uncontrollably and her thighs were starting to heat up.

"See, normal girls would at least blush if I did that." Blush? Good, she hadn't blushed, that would've been extremely embarrassing.

He pulled her in and placed her head on his chest, allowing her to hear his heart.
"Hear that? " he asked pointing at his heart. "My heart beats really quickly when I'm with you." But why? He questioned himself as he looked down on her beautiful white hair.

Regina's heart beats increased rapidly as she stared into his amber eyes. 

Rashly she placed his head on her chest "my heart reacts that way to.. " she whispered, she was practically dying with embarrassment at this point.

Jeremiah broke out into a smile.  She was one step closer to him, this was good progress.

He put his arms around her a hugged her.  His  now pink tinted face in her soft chest. 

"When you finish your adventure I will officially court you."

Regina's face was finally as red as a tomatoe.  How could this man say something  so embarrassing that easily!?

She pushed away from him and stomped back to her bed. 

"Goodnight... Jeremy" she said quietly before drifting of to sleep. 

Jeremiah  stared at his fiance then turned around before jumping  off the balcony with a huge smile on his face. 

She pulled up the covered and clenched her heart. 

>>past life flashback >>

"Please ask her why she couldn't like me back."

At that moment she found it hard to breathe, he knew she loved him yet he dared...

<<

Regina smiled sadly to herself.  She knew that she never was lucky with love.

>> past life flashback>>

"I'm really sorry chi."

You swine! A tear fell down her face, you promised you'd never leave me! Don't you dare die on me!

<<

A tear slid down Regina's face.  Love had killed her twice, mercilessly.  She didn't want that to happen again, the pain had been unbearable. She had really tried to keep mark alive in her heart, to think he would never leave like he promised, that he didn't die.  That he was still here.

She had loved him, and when she was on her last year of medical school she had died all alone.

"Jeremy, would you catch me if I fell?"

.

The God of light grit his teeth, like before he couldn't stop her for falling for the guy that would lead to her ruin.