Chapter 9

Hair up. Glasses on. Salad ready. Let's get down to business. 

Niall woke up with his head in Zayn's lap and the terrible familiar twisting in his stomach. He remembered again, he needed his medication. He takes about seven different types of medication for his various conditions.

Thankfully the government makes prescriptions of those who are under twenty-five years old free. With no job and no father who would willingly buy anything for him, he would not get the medication that saves his life every day. He's probably only a couple hours off of the time he's supposed to be taking them, and he can already feel the consequences of a body as fucked up as his.

He's brought back to reality by his own groan of pain, which also grabbed the attention of the raven-haired boy above him. He felt Zayn hold the side of his face with his rough but warm hands and saw him looking down with his eyebrows furrowed in worry.

"Are you okay Niall?" Zayn spoke with concern lacing his voice. "My meds, I need my medications, they're at my house" I whispered trying to stop the tears from trailing down my face, the pain is getting worse.

A look of realization came over Zayn's face and his eyes went wide. "Shit", he whispers under his breath. Zayn starts wildly whipping his head around as if he is looking for something. Niall suddenly notices that none of the other boys are in the room. He looks back at Zayn as tears slowly start to slide down his face, he was scared and the pain is getting intense.

"LIAM" Zayn screams probably loud enough for all the neighbors to hear if there are any neighbors that is. It occurred now to Niall that he doesn't even know what the outside of this house looks like or where they are. He could be all the way in London for all he knew, He hoped they were still in Manchester though.

The rest of the boys piled into the room all looking shocked with a bit of fear in their eyes. Before Zayn could begin to speak, Niall slowly started to raise up off of Zayn's lap, with the darker boys help of course. Once Niall was up and stable, which took longer than it should have, he turned to all of the boys and looked at them with a serious face.

"I need to go home to get my medication. You are all going to take me there right now". He looked at them almost as if daring them to say something besides yes. All of the boys looked at each other with disapproving glances. Louis looked back at Niall and began to speak, "Niall...we can't take you there, your father.." he finishes while rubbing the back of his neck with his left hand.

Niall looks straight at him narrowing his eyes into slits. Slowly, he stumbles over towards Louis, until he is right in front of his face, needing to grab onto his arm for support when he gets there. Louis holds onto Niall's arms to steady him and then Niall begins to speak.

"I don't think that I have to remind you that you have pretty much kidnapped me and took me somewhere that I am not aware of. If you want to protect me like you say you do, you're not doing a very good job by letting me die because of some dumbass medical issues." Niall was now pointing his finger into Louis' chest.

"Now please, for the love of God, take me to get my meds, I am in pain and it would be nice to breathe, I will continue to say here and listen to what you have to say and after we get back you owe me one hell of an explanation. Now p-please L-L-Louie get my M-medicine." Niall finished weakly. Talking so much and so strongly had taken so much out of him and he was exhausted. Being without the medication was really affecting him.

Niall slowly starts to lean to one side while the other boys are still staring at him shocked. He feels weak and slowly starts losing strength in his legs but thankfully, Harry reaches over and holds him up, supporting his body, before he begins to fall to the floor. Niall looks up at him with a slight smile as a way of thanking him. He looked back to Louis and then Liam and Zayn with a toothy smile, showing he wasn't angry or anything, just passionate. Everyone looks at each other and nod at once, grabbing their hoodies, and heading for the door.