Chapter 39

JAMIE’S POV

I’m going on a date, with Harry Styles and it feels perfectly normal. It even feels good. When I hung up, I couldn’t stop smiling. I think I’m becoming crazy. I even put a dress. Not a big deal, but I usually never do it. I just wanted to try that new black dress and the weather was great so I decided that it was a perfect timing.

I was now sitting on the couch, just waiting for Harry to arrive. He was supposed to be there in 5 minutes and my heart was racing. That was totally stupid because I see that guy almost every freaking day. I have no idea why but tonight, it seemed special, different.

When he knocked on my door, I had to take a deep breath before opening. Relax Jamie, it’s only Harry.

“Hello Harry” I said, amazed by his showing. For the first time, he was wearing a plaid shirt and that suited him perfectly.

“Hi Jamie, you’re stunning in that dress.” he said with a cute smile. “I mean, you’re not only stunning in that dress but you know, it’s new and it suits you well so yeah… Let’s go?” he said, clumsily. I tried to restrain myself from laughing but it was too hard. He was adorable.

“Sure” I answered, folowing him. He opened my door and I sat in the passenger seat. “Thank you. You’re a gentleman” I said, teasing him.

“You’re the one who says it now” he said, winking. “My pleasure love” No matter how much I try to hide it, I absolutely adore when he calls me love. His accent makes it so perfect.

When we arrived at the movie theater, he put his arm around my waist and guided me inside. That small gesture gave me chills. I know that we have kissed before and that putting his arm around me shouldn’t have that effect on me, but he usually never do that in public.

“So, what movie would you like?” he asked.

“To be honest I have no idea. I don’t come here really often and I don’t even know what the movies are.” I honestly answered. Going to the movie theater alone isn’t really my thing.

“Do you trust me enough to let me choose the movie?” he said, smiling.

“Of course.” I didn’t really care about the movie to be honest,

“There you go” he said, giving me the ticket.  

“Thank you” I smiled back. I looked at the ticket and to my surprise, it was written The fault in our stars. I know absolutely nothing about movies but I don’t live in a cave, I know what that movie is. “Really Harry?” I said, chuckling slightly.

“What? I randomly selected it. Hope it’s good.” He said with his usual smirk.

“Really?” I asked, knowing that he was lying to me.

“Nope” he answered, popping the “p”. ”I know that it’s a love movie.”

“Why did you choose it then?” I said, teasing him.

“Because I’m a gentleman, I thought you knew it by now? Oh and maybe because I can’t wait to see you cry over a typical cheesy movie.” He teased back.

“I’m not going to cry” I said. I never cry while watching movies. I hope it won’t happen, cause I feel like I’ve cried enough in front of Harry.

“We’ll see” he said, winking again. “Okay let’s go now” he said, putting his arm back around my waist.

“Styles!” As soon as I heard Zayn’s voice, I knew that things weren’t going to end well. Harry’s body tensed as he turned around to face him.

“Malik.” He calmly answered.

“Don’t tell me you’re still with that girl? I was right man.” He came closer to Harry and ripped off the ticket from his hand. “Really dude? The fault in our stars? Either you’re gay, or else it’s a date.” He said, laughing.

“First, stop calling her “that girl”. Her name is Jamie, make sure you remember it. Second, I’m taking her on a date; you’ve got a problem with that?” Harry calmly answered.

“No, but you should. She is not your type of girl at all, what the fuck are you doing? I bet she’s still a virgin. That’s disgusting.” If only he knew.

“My type of girl? What do you know about that? Stop acting like a fucking child Zayn, I’m sick of your bullshit. Grow up.” For a moment, I thought I was dreaming. Harry didn’t even look mad, just exasperated.

“You’re a piece of shit. You think you’re so much better since you started going out with your girlfriend, but you’re an asshole as much as we are. She will get tired of you Harry and you’ll end up alone. We were your true friends, but don’t fucking come back to us when she’ll get sick of you.”

“I know I’m an asshole but compared to you, I don’t want to stay an asshole all my life. We’re not 16 anymore Zayn.”

“I know we’re not, but that doesn’t mean you can run away with a girl who knows nothing about you. It won’t work Styles, I’m warning you.” He said, coming closer to Harry. For a second, I thought he was going to hit him.

“Okay, Zayn. That’s enough now” A tall guy with brown hair took his arm and dragged him away. I’ve seen him once at a party and unlike his friends, he looked friendly. “Have a good evening Styles.”

“You too Payne.” He said, taking my hand and leading me to our movie.

“Are you okay?” I asked him.

“To be honest, yes. I think he is pathetic and he has to get over that shit. Of course I changed but it’s none of his business. I don’t understand why he is so fucking upset.” He said, still really peaceful. ”Let’s stop talking about Zayn now. I don’t want that shitty incident to ruin our date.”

“It won’t don’t worry.” I said, smiling at him.

We sat in our seats and the movie started. To be honest, at first, it was kind of hard to focus on the movie. Harry looked quite uncomfortable. He was looking at me from the corner of his eye and I just wanted to get closer to him.

A couple of minutes later, he gently placed his arm around my shoulder. His body instantly relaxed. Again, it was only a small gesture but it was absolutely adorable. I’ve never seen him so unsure before. It seemed like every move he was making was calculated.

I was so comfortable with him. I rested my head on his shoulder and that’s when I really started to get into the movie.

Did I really say that I wasn’t going to cry?

AN

I promised an update, here it is! Hope you liked it.

Don’t forget to comment whatever comes to your mind.

ILYASM !

Aly x